• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shots fired, snakes down

Cottonmouths and Copperheads aren't just aggressive, they're down right MEAN! One of my nephews killed a 5' 1" Copperhead a couple of months ago after it bit his dog. The snake is bigger than it looks in the pic, my nephew is 6' 4" and the dog probably weighs 80-90lbs. He ended up killing 5 or 6 of these things in a 2 week period!

View attachment 1336881

5'1' is uncommonly big for a copperhead. A 3 footer is large, typically.

It is mating season and more sightings will be happening right now. I've seen several pics on the webs in the last 2 days.

I just peed a lil
I heard that. Lol!

Wow - that many snakes of that size in one area- usually means one thing: Rodents and plenty of them. Rats mice, chipmunks etc. could be other food source as well. When you got a bunch of snakes, look for and eliminate their food source, because it will only attract more snakes down the road.
That was the biggest one, they progressively got smaller as he found em'. He said they were in & around a brush pile too. There are a whole lotta woods behind his house and there's a lake about 100 yds or so from the house in the woods too. There's no telling what all Mr. No Shoulders has been eating back there, my nephew keeps his property in really good shape and said he hasn't seen any rats or mice around.

It is mating season and more sightings will be happening right now. I've seen several pics on the webs in the last 2 days.
I hear ya, I'm almost 59, I've seen a lot of Copperheads but that's the biggest one I ever remember seeing. I saw one a little over 4 ft long maybe 15-20 years ago and that was the biggest I'd seen up until my nephew smacked this one with the shovel. I don't wanna see one any bigger either! Lol!

i killed one in my garage around this time two or three years ago and she was 42 inches. in my life i've only seen it and one other that was ore than maybe 2-1/2 feet. a couple of days nights before i killed it one of my squirrel dogs was bitten in my yard.

Reactions: MRH
42" that's on a 50 pound bag of feed for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1014.JPG
    IMG_1014.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: MRH
i killed one in my garage around this time two or three years ago and she was 42 inches. in my life i've only seen it and one other that was ore than maybe 2-1/2 feet. a couple of days nights before i killed it one of my squirrel dogs was bitten in my yard.
Killed one in Talbot County back in the 80's that was around that size. It was meaner than Hell.

Back
Top Bottom