• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shots over 21' are a felony?

gun store employees make 8 to 10 bucks an hour

lawyers and law makers make alot more.....who would i trust on this

I've learned to ignore most of what employees say in most stores. Chuckled the other day at one where the person behind the counter said you only needed to carry a revolver. Reasons given - Number of rounds in most self defense encounters is 2-3, distances are only usually 7 yards at most, semi-autos are prone to failure and hard to use. Free advice is worth what you paid.

I was at the range yesterday with my MIL who is a firearm newb and she asked in front of a clerk what the difference between 9mm and 45acp was. Before the clerk could chime in I said, "it depends on which asshole's opinion you ask." He didn't say anything after that. He had a 1911 on his hip so I really didn't want her to hear it.

I was at the range yesterday with my MIL who is a firearm newb and she asked in front of a clerk what the difference between 9mm and 45acp was. Before the clerk could chime in I said, "it depends on which asshole's opinion you ask." He didn't say anything after that. He had a 1911 on his hip so I really didn't want her to hear it.

Nice way to cut it off.

As an attorney, I frequently cringe at what I hear local gun store employees say. Last week, I heard one trying to explain when you are justified to shoot someone. This store seems seems to employ a lot of retired LEOs, but their advice is also hit or miss and usually given while pointing the muzzle at the customer or others in the store (I'm not trying to start a LEO bash). I just hope the customer never has to rely on the bad advice they heard.

There's rarely a single, right answer to any gun question, whether it's about what gun is best for you or an interpretation of the law. I'm not going to give out free legal advice in a gun store or on this thread. At most, I'll encourage you to research it yourself and point you in the right direction.

Only free advice I ever got from a lawyer, was to hire a lawyer.
Have you ever tried to report a lawyer for being unethical? You have to hire a lawyer. :confused:

Over heard LGS employee state this weekend that if you shot someone at a distance of over 21 feet, that it is a felony. His logic was that at that distance your life is not in danger and they could be trying to get away. That just seems stupid. Any validity to his statement?
His 'logic' is a fail. Hopefully he never will be called for jury duty.

Back
Top Bottom