• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shots over 21' are a felony?

The last and only time I bought from AO a big guy carrying a IMI desert eagle in a floppy nylon wanna be military holster adamantly told me j could not purchase a .45 for 550$ and I needed to just buy the sp2022 he had in 9mm for 399.99 since 9mm is the best round for sd. He also told me if I shot someone with something bigger it'd be murder cause that's intent
PLEASE tell me this is ... 'embellishment' on your behalf. Please....

An old fart at Adventure Outdoors ... I hate going there, but they do have the biggest selection of guns to fondle (if you can get anyone to help you)

Him?

20756141_BG1.jpg

Man 1 robs man 2's home.

Man 2 comes home and man 1 runs off towards man 2's barn.

Man 1 makes 100yard 357 mag shot

Man1 finds man 2 dead in barn

I am confused. Isn't man 1 the robber? If man one finds man 2 in the barn dead isn't that murder not self defense?

holy crap I get home from work hoping to relax and I have to do math. Lol

Over heard LGS employee state this weekend that if you shot someone at a distance of over 21 feet, that it is a felony. His logic was that at that distance your life is not in danger and they could be trying to get away. That just seems stupid. Any validity to his statement?

If you ever see this guy again, tell him to call me so I can call him a dumbass.

The 21 foot thing is from something called the "Tueller Drill"

Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department wondered how quickly an attacker with a knife could cover 21 feet (6.4 m), so he timed volunteers as they raced to stab the target. He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds. These results were first published as an article in SWAT magazine in 1983 and in a police training video by the same title, "How Close is Too Close?

Basically, outside 21 feet, you should have just enough time to draw and shoot someone running at you with a knife, before they can stab you. Within 21 feet (according to the drill) you are a dead duck, since they will always stab you first.

Also, the story I heard differs from the Wikipedia entry above in that he first timed the draw-and-fire, then figured out how far away the average person needed to be before they could beat that time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom