• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I go for surgery?

Mr. Booshie

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The FN Scar guy
233   0
Reaction score
On Sunday June 11 I fractured my Tibial Plateau.

I went to Resurgens and the did some X-rays and then sent me to get CT scans last friday.

Yesterday I went for the followup with the Orthopedic surgeon and he says that the bone itself will heal on its own without surgery, but he sees something that looks like a cartilage issue.
He also said that if they fix the potential cartilage issue they would put plates and screws in the bone while they where there since it would be exposed and easily accessible.

The problem I have with this is when I went yesterday for the follow up the doctor is trying to convince me to do surgery with these pics:

Surgeon says about the second picture (the part marked with the pen):
"It is lower than the rest and could cause complications in the future for your joints. We could raise it and fill under it to bring it level"
IMG_4325.JPG-3.jpeg

IMG_4326.JPG.jpeg

When I asked him if those are the best shots that he could show me he said "yes", I then pulled up the 3D scans that where on the CT disk that they where supplied with from the imaging center, and he looked a little surprised. The PA came and got the extra disk I brought for them and could only pull up the 2D black and whites, and told me they didn't know how I was able to pull up the 3D models.

IMG_4320.JPG-2.jpeg
IMG_4318.JPG-2.jpeg
IMG_4319.JPG-2.jpeg

When I really examine the parts of the bone that he claims has been "die punched by the femur" to cause that notched area, the 3D scan does not show that, nor do any of the other scan slices, it only shows up on one which is the one he chose to show me.

Im kind of at a stand still right now, and hope that maybe one of you knows more than I do, or has been through this already and have good advice for me.

Yup, get it fixed now

Get a second opinion!

you'll have to get it repaired

Remember a surgeon only makes money if he cuts, mine has been wanting to cut on me for 3 years but I keep getting better everyday.......No cuts unless it's last resort........

The issue I am having is that he told me that the fracture doesn't need anything to heal, that it can be left alone, but then says he wants to put plates and screws in it just because he will already be in there. Also that nowhere else is there any evidence that the pen marked part exists.

The issue I am having is that he told me that the fracture doesn't need anything to heal, that it can be left alone, but then says he wants to put plates and screws in it just because he will already be in there.
If its just a fracture,tell him to get you a bone growth stimulator to help with the healing

Back
Top Bottom