• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I One Day, Donate Collection to the CMP

It would be great if there was a way to capture all of your knowledge on these.....,,a book or perhaps a website. It would be a huge benefit to preserve the history as well as the weapons
There is a lot of good information, but it is a bit spread out. I have toyed with a book and have actually created an outline. Just need to find the motivation to move forward. Maybe if I did a couple paragraphs each day it wouldn't feel so daunting.

Art

But, Uncle Art?!?!?! :confused: ;)

I will be in 'somewhat' the same situation one day (generic relatively modern arms, nothing with any historical or museum value). I have some 'extended' family (nephews, great nephews) that may enjoy some of them but that might be wishful thinking on my part. I hope I have the presence of mind prior to that day to give what I can and sell the rest to folks that will continue to appreciate them.

So my advice would be gradually get rid of what you are not likely to use any longer and keep as little possible for disposition after you've moved on with as specific instructions as possible in your will.

Had family members & friends who passed & the ones who made a plan beforehand worked out much better. Had uncles that served in WWII & Korea that passed theirs on to their kids before or made sure everyone knew who was getting what.

My neighbor though with home & hospice care & with people coming & going had two locked gun cabinets full that mysteriously disappeared over the two & half years he battled cancer. All that was left were his pistols in the safe. Even his bedside gun was gone & replaced with a revolver somehow his wife & son had never seen before.

Back
Top Bottom