• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should I or should I not?

I am a .45acp fan and like the 1911 style. However I also like the convince of the high capacity of a double stack like the Glock g21. Thinking of parting with my 1911 to purchase or trade for a g21.
So, discuss.
My daily carry since I bought it new....only has a legit minimum 3000 rds through it.

upload_2020-8-9_18-50-55.jpeg

Been there and still doing that. In fact I have a Star BM I really dig that I'm gonna trade for a Tokarev. Not that I want to part with the Star at all. But I really want a Tok.
As far as your situation goes I get it. You want the high cap pistol but you know you'll miss the 1911. Personally I prefer my 45ACP to be fired out of a 1911. And I prefer my double stack pistols to be 9mm. I don't even want a (real) 1911 in 9mm because it just seems wrong or wimpy to me. I say keep your 1911 and lay away the Glock you want.

Good points on the 9mm 1911, but some of these new hotrods from Wilson Combat and others are tempting. Heck that Springfield Armory EMP4 CC is a sweet looking gun. Good thing they are too expensive for me.

The only way to buy a glock is police trade ins. AO had them when I was there 2 weeks ago. They had the 40s&w and the 45acp which ever models those are. The 45 was $429.00 came with night sights and 2 mags no box. Those were the only glocks they had in stock.

Back
Top Bottom