• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should medical training be on the summer to do list?

2canSam

Default rank <1000 posts
Indoorsman
28   0
Reaction score
I've been through CPR with the sheriff department and I have a friend that helps her mom teach at the hospital for all the EMT, etc. Basic airway, breathing, circulation, abc etc.

How would you prepare to survive getting shot? I would appreciate your opinions.

Medical training is an incredibly important skill to have. Even outside the firearms world a TCCC equivalent class can solve a myriad of problems in day to day activities.

Medical training is an incredibly important skill to have. Even outside the firearms world a TCCC equivalent class can solve a myriad of problems in day to day activities.
In the event something does happen you will no doubt have to find a medical professional. I watched a thing about the 1986 Miami shoot out. It's got me thinking about the 7 P's.

In the event something does happen you will no doubt have to find a medical professional. I watched a thing about the 1986 Miami shoot out. It's got me thinking about the 7 P's.
What if there's no medical professional around? Depending on how you feel about the patient you more than likely are the only one that can administer aid. If you're considering taking a class I'd say go for it. There's so much knowledge to be had within a basic course.

According to The movie Scarface, with Al Pachino, the only thing you need to do when being shot by a dozen adversaries with AR15's & Mini 14's and UZI's is to dance around and fling your arms about wildly while cursing your enemies.
After which time you regain composure and regain control of your weapon for the next round in the battle. (Which never happens because a sneaky assassin will shoot you in the back with a 12-gauge... but that's a problem with tactics and situational awareness, not medical care for gunshot wounds.)

According to The movie Scarface, with Al Pachino, the only thing you need to do when being shot by a dozen adversaries with AR15's & Mini 14's and UZI's is to dance around and fling your arms about wildly while cursing your enemies.
After which time you regain composure and regain control of your weapon for the next round in the battle. (Which never happens because a sneaky assassin will shoot you in the back with a 12-gauge... but that's a problem with tactics and situational awareness, not medical care for gunshot wounds.)

...don't forget the mountain of coke to shove your face into...

What if there's no medical professional around? Depending on how you feel about the patient you more than likely are the only one that can administer aid. If you're considering taking a class I'd say go for it. There's so much knowledge to be had within a basic course.
I thought about getting a tourniquet and some bandages. I've dealt with cuts, stitches, and my Sgt. had her finger pulled off in a cell door. Survival books say build your own, but what level of care is out of your hands? I was told to make do till smarter people get here. What if it's gonna be awhile?

I thought about getting a tourniquet and some bandages. I've dealt with cuts, stitches, and my Sgt. had her finger pulled off in a cell door. Survival books say build your own, but what level of care is out of your hands? I was told to make do till smarter people get here. What if it's gonna be awhile?
I would say anything past puncture /laceration is out of my personal realm. I'd say still build one so there's at least something for someone with a higher degree of practice can use. You're trying to react to trauma, not perform surgery

Back
Top Bottom