• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should medical training be on the summer to do list?

Tru prep usually has buddy aid classes that I assume similar to a tccc class. Or you can buy a prehospital truama
Care book, u tube videos, chest seals, nasophargeal airway, combat gauze etc.when I get home I can update with the book I got for the tccc class I took. Plus your emt. Paramedic classes are taught at tech colleges relatively cheap. I was doing that before the divorce crap, and hope to start back in the fall. I still have most of what you would need that I could sell another set or so

I've been through CPR with the sheriff department and I have a friend that helps her mom teach at the hospital for all the EMT, etc. Basic airway, breathing, circulation, abc etc.

How would you prepare to survive getting shot? I would appreciate your opinions.

There are a lot more common problems than getting shot. A medical class will help you respond to many of them. Definitely get it done if you can.

Med is more important than the tactical shooting classes for regular folks

Best way to survive getting shot is to not get shot in the first place.

Staying out of shady situations will take you pretty far ; )

There are a lot more common problems than getting shot. A medical class will help you respond to many of them. Definitely get it done if you can.

Med is more important than the tactical shooting classes for regular folks

Best way to survive getting shot is to not get shot in the first place.

Staying out of shady situations will take you pretty far ; )
I carry a gun every single day, not because it's likely I'll use it. I adhere to the rules of stupid. If you carry a gun you should absolutely be able to treat (within reason obviously) a gunshot wound. I know first aid, have almost as much training as an emt would and have shooting training as well as several trainers courses. It is natural progression for me. But at the very least, I believe, if you carry a gun you need to carry a tq and be trained to use it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I carry a gun every single day, not because it's likely I'll use it. I adhere to the rules of stupid. If you carry a gun you should absolutely be able to treat (within reason obviously) a gunshot wound. I know first aid, have almost as much training as an emt would and have shooting training as well as several trainers courses. It is natural progression for me. But at the very least, I believe, if you carry a gun you need to carry a tq and be trained to use it.

... 2 chest seals, a decompression needle, and some packed gauze. That should cover most everything you need to get you to the hospital. Great tip for men the intercostal space you are going for is below you nipple.

... 2 chest seals, a decompression needle, and some packed gauze. That should cover most everything you need to get you to the hospital. Great tip for men the intercostal space you are going for is below you nipple.

But my wife’s nipples are near her belly button????...

Yeah I have zpacks, 2 hyfins, celox rapid, needles, Israelis, and a few tq's nearly all the time. (Along with more obviously)

Back
Top Bottom