• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should people seek training if they are going to carry a handgun?

Should people seek training if they are going to carry a handgun?

• Total voters

CCW

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Original Recipe.
455   1
Reaction score
Please read the question carefully.

Should people seek training (not "Be required to") if they are going to carry a handgun for personal protection?

If you voted yes, please state why. If you voted no, please state why.

Note: I am not looking to turn this into a "Shall not infringe, yap, yap, yap" because if you read the question carefully, you would have noticed the question in it's perfection.

Last edited:
I continue to train and I continue to learn. I dont believe rights have training requirements. They however have major responsibility. Since they do it is my conclusion that I should always train and always be prepared to be trained by those who can.
Knowledge of law and situations along with skills and predetermined mind set are all things that I can thank my training and education for giving me. Arming yourself with knowledge is VERY powerful. You do not however have to have anything to excersise what is your right. The right is to defend your life and those around you; the gun is simply the means.
Just my opinion for me,

I think it's a good idea, if that's what they choose. Having been an Instructor for over 20 years, I'm a believer in formal training and frequent practice.

One "should" get training to become proficient with their weapon to increase their chance of survival, protect those near them, and to actually shoot their guns.

Training comes in all types and doesn't necessarily require a professional or school

I won't comment if it should be required for carrying since that is a complex issue.

I think everyone should seek training to further evolve their skills and attitude. Training in the way CCW put it is not forcing anyone to do anything to carry, but merely asking if those who do carry should seek training. No training exercise can prepare you for the stress and heart rate you will experience in a life or death situation, but training can simulate what you will experience and thus train your mind and body on how to cope with it.

Back
Top Bottom