• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should the Free FFL Transfers Continue????

Heroes Tactical

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
12   0
Reaction score
Happy New Year ODT Family!!

2012 has arrived and we would like to thank everyone who has chosen to take advantage HEROES Tactical’s free transfer promotion. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=75491&highlight=Heroes+Tactical. It has been a pleasure to meet all of the great folks from the forum. Outstanding customer service and close interaction with the firearm community has always been the top priority here at HEROES Tactical and we would like to continue that tradition.
Moving forward in the new year we would like to get the community’s input on how we should proceed with our transfer policy....

1. Should we continue the free FFL transfers with no strings attached? Explain your response.
2. Should we set a purchasing amount which wipes out the transfer fee? What should the amount be?
3. Should we fall in line with all of the other dealers out there and start charging $25-$35 per transfer?

While we await your feedback, we have decided to extend our current offer of providing free transfer services through the end of January. On February 1st we will make an announcement on how to move forward based on your responses.

We are active contributors and supporters of The ODT community. Many of you have been able to experience the personalized service that we provide. If the big boys in town don't appreciate your business just give us a call. We carry the same great name brands and we want your business.

Best of luck in the New Year and we look forward to hearing from you!

HEROES Tactical
www.heroestactical.com

I love the idea of free transfers, and I'm looking forward to getting mine in a couple of days for the P238.

A $10 transfer may make more sense - enough to bring in some business and get your name out there (it's still a great deal), but also enough to at least start to cover your costs.

IMHO free transfers are good for big shops to help drive walk-in business when you've got a deep inventory of things they might want to pick up at the same time.... Decent prices on ammo, etc.

I can only tell you how I look at it as a customer.
Cherokee Gun and Pawn do transfers free no matter what or how much ($) you spend, so if I need a transfer , that's where I go
At the same time since they helped me with a transfer, I am going to respond by buying ammo, holsters, slings etc there...they help me, I help them.
Just a little good will in both directions.
It also makes me stop in there every time I go by just to see what's new and I usually leave with something ammo, cleaning supplies etc.
Though I have paid 20.00 before I found CG&P, I would not patronize a place that charged more as it only takes a few minutes to complete the paperwork.
Additionally, if I pay a fee for transfer, then I feel no obligation to further purchase ammo, accessories etc. from the same place.

Last edited:
Although I've not had the opportunity to use your transfer service I would ask that you continue to do either free or low cost transfers ($10) Perhaps a special deal on a particular firearm would help??

I can only tell you how I look at it as a customer.
Cherokee Gun and Pawn do transfers free no matter what or how much ($) you spend, so if I need a transfer , that's where I go
At the same time since they helped me with a transfer, I am going to respond by buying ammo, holsters, slings etc there...they help me, I help them.
Just a little good will in both directions.
It also makes me stop in there every time I go by just to see what's new and I usually leave with something ammo, cleaning supplies etc.
Thought I have paid 20.00 before I found CG&P, I would not patronize a place that charged more as it only takes a few minutes to complete the paperwork.
Additionally, if I pay a fee for transfer, then I feel no obligation to further purchase ammo, accessories etc. from the same place.

^^ This. I have used CG&P and always buy something when I get a free transfer. I'm going to buy ammo or something for any gun I get so I might as well spend that money at the store that isn't charging me a bunch of money (relatively) for work that takes only a few minutes and some ink to complete.

My local FFL does transfers for $20. Heroes Tactical offering free transfers would make me skip my guy and drive up from Stockbridge and do a transfer. While there I would look around and if I saw something I needed or more likely something I wanted. I'd pick it up if it was for a fair price.

Also if you post a scanned copy of your FFL that could be printed and faxed or e-mailed, it would make it too easy to submit to a FFL seller for an expeditious firearms transaction.

Last edited:
I would say keep free transfers...cheap advertising, depending how many you are doing...seems to make sense from that stand point...CG&P got mentioned three times as a result of their policy in this post alone, not to mention that most folks know or have heard of this even if they have never been to CG&P, was the case for me...

What does it cost to do transfers? This is the first thing to think about. If it's little or nothing but the time it takes to do them I'd say it's a no brainer. Look at the response you've gotten from this promotion Aaron. These guys have made some excellent points and more to the point one thing that sets someone apart as a business is offering something that other places don't. This one is huge too I believe. Transfers limit peoples buying of firearms. I see it all the time in posts about the cost of purchasing online. If that's removed then more people will buy more firearms and need more ammuntion and all of the other things that go with them. I know one thing it impressed me the first time I saw it and I'm going to be sending you as much business as I can.

Back
Top Bottom