• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should the Free FFL Transfers Continue????

id rather spend 25 on ammo and get a free transfer then 25 on the transfer

I agree but how does that work for you? Can the marin on a $25 purchase possibly equal the margin on a $25 transfer?

Don't get me wrong, this is a great program and I hope that you get enough business to support it but I'd rather see customer-oriented vendors like yourselves stay in business than have you go BK on a generous busines model.

The split difference might be a cost recovery charge ($10?) for transfers that still attracts business without putting your business at risk.

BTW, great job!

Been going to Adventure Outdoors? There is no charge to the dealer to run a phone background check.

I think it was American Marksman in Norcross that told me that. He said it cost them $5 or $10 to run that background check on the phone.

If there are no hard costs to the dealer for the background check, I'd say keep offering the service for free. That is if the only cost to you is the 2 minute phone call, handing over the firearm, and filing a sheet of paper. Or even $5, in my mind, would essentially be free. $10 would be a fair price too.

Just did a transfer with Aaron. He is a great guy and very nice to talk too.
I think that $10 for a transfer is a good compromise.

Heck, if you want to, you can give him a tip for his services.

My local gun store and range, Oakwell Armory 31548, does transfers for $15 and for free if you are a member of the range. Other FFLs in this area charge $40 -$60 to make the same phone call and process the same paperwork go figure!

Back
Top Bottom