• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Should You Trust A $200 Shotgun For Home Defense? | Charles Daly 301 Review - GunBrand Review

So with that kind of quality and performance have you pulled from your shelves, I would hate to sell items in my shop that I know will not perform and possibly cost someone their life.

One thing about a pump...some of em you really gotta shuck it like ya mean it to get em to feed.

My favorite and only cheap pump that I have no issue keeping on hand is the Maverick 88.

best PUMP SHOTGUN I ever owned. and I didn't go out and punish it just always worked was an Ithaca 37 .... I paid 10 bucks for it at a church garage sale. Next time around I picket up an Rem 870 for maybe 3 bills and spent way too much time beautifying the furniture until it was too nice for me to have... so I picked up a 20" mossy cruiser about a year and a half ago.... now. that one is getting too nice to beat around..... sooooo I bought a beater sav/stev 620 takedown and by next year that will be too nice....
I should have stuck with old reliable #37.... but.... I am OBRIEN and I am a pump-a-holic....:ballchain::welcome:

I’ll have to get the maverick and give it a shot
Mossy has the simplicity and I have owned more than a few and still keep a 500 close... the 88 is very close to the 500 in reliability.... short term. the Mexican parts drawer just has a sometimes quality issue. the best thing about the 500 is the safety location vs the 88.
the one factor that ALWAYS comes back... I am left handed. shells spitting to your weak arm can really suck.
the old #37 spit them out the bottom. I miss that PUMP if BillsCamino BillsCamino ever decides to get rid of it. I would trade him a way overbuilt 500 and an eyepatch...

Attachments

• 20210619_211414.jpg
    20210619_211414.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 7
you know.... I have had over 100 PUMP shotguns in the past 10 years... none of them over 600$ value... I will always have at least 2 and 1 of those (this year :lol::lol:) will always be the 620 ... but I will bet you a fistfull of 00 I said that about ever single 2nd in command SHOTGUN I have ever owned...
I have never lost a dime buying, trading, or selling a pump....
the one think about reliability it equates strongly to value.

Attachments

• 20211012_203519.jpg
    20211012_203519.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom