• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shoulder pain from reloading.

For the past while I've noticed my shoulder being sore. I thought at one time it may have been from sighting in my rifle. It feels like that or a very productive bird shoot. This morning I realized what it is. I am reloading with a lee turret press and after about 50 rounds my shoulder begins to hurt. I have been able to sit and crank out over 100 in an hour but now I'm not able to. I've adjusted the handle which changed the length of stroke and motion and just added a little more effort to cycle. I don't know if I'm going to have to stop reloading or if there are adjustments I'll have to make. I only load 9mm more than 100 rounds a setting. I've found 38 seems softer on my shoulder. Doesn't make sense. Anyone else expierence this?
Medical reasons are excellent in explaining a new dillon

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Check out improved roller handle from Inline Fabrication. A must have IMO for the Lee Turret press. Really takes alot of strain off the shoulder compared to the factory handle. I have all the inline fab products for my press and they turned it into a MUCH better press IMO

I have lubed my brass, slowed down and changed my sitting height to a more natural angle. I have also asked for a handle from inline fabrication for Christmas. I am hard to buy for because Im specific and I normally just buy what I want so this is a win.

I got the roller handle from inline fab and things have been going great. Now my darn elbow hurts so I am going to take a break from loading 9mm and just load 38 for a while. I also am not going to shoot anything smaller than my Glock 19 or a steel J frame with target loads.

Loaded 3-400 this weekend and I feel like I spent the weekend shooting high brass 12 guage all weekend. I sat, I stood, I pulled the handle left handed, I pulled the handle right handed, I used the stock handle, I used the Inline fab handle. I did realize I didnt lube my cases. That is my fault.

I go slow using my single stage Lee press for most handgun calibers and I can load 60-75 rounds ped hour with carbide dies & no lube. Been doing that for 25 years. Guess I dont shoot as much as you, so I dont hurt any. That being said, I shoot mostly 9mm and that I can by new for $169 per 1000.
Why am I reloading!

Back
Top Bottom