Shout Out to Dobbs Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Army

Army Icon
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
So, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a Marlin 30AW from another trader on here with the idea of having a synthetic stock set and cerakote job done so I could give it to my fiancé as her deer rifle. It was a little rough, some rust and freckling, the stock was slightly cracked and it had been accidentally shot with 12 gauge buckshot. I spoke with Bryan at Dobbs Defense about what I wanted to do and he said bring it on up. That was last Friday I believe. Even though he doesn't open until later this month, he made me and my idea a priority. He found a Marlin 336 synthetic stock and worked it down for a great fit. He did the cerakote in Sniper Gray. I am going to order another of Jclem's black/gray paracord slings to finish it out. Got an email yesterday and he said it was ready for me to pick up! My camera skills are not as good as most and don't do Byran's work the justice it deserves. I (and more importantly, my fiancé) are extremely pleased with the work. The way Bryan and his staff at Dobb's Defense treated me sets the bar for customer service in my opinion. He will have a customer in me as long as his doors are open! If you need some work done, give him the opportunity to earn your business!
Before and after pics.

DSC03290.jpg
DSC03291.jpg
DSC03292.jpg

P1080004.jpg
P1080005.jpg
P1080006.jpg
P1080007.jpg
P1080008.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the character the buckshot and plugs gave the stock but okay....this looks really good now.

Curious how much $ it set you back for the ceracoat job.

I'd be afraid to scratch the loading gate spring inserting ammo it looks that good.

Thanks for the thread, RA. I really appreciate you coming up here and letting us give it a go and hope it serves you well and the woman gets much enjoyment out of it.
I doubt the loading door will ever wear. It's a lever gun and most likely not going to have a thousand rounds pumped out of it. That Cerakote holds up pretty well.

Thanks for the thread, RA. I really appreciate you coming up here and letting us give it a go and hope it serves you well and the woman gets much enjoyment out of it.
I doubt the loading door will ever wear. It's a lever gun and most likely not going to have a thousand rounds pumped out of it. That Cerakote holds up pretty well.

Going to shoot it this weekend. She truly does like the way it turned out. She was very surprised. Going to get my old 16 gauge up there soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom