• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your 3D prints

I like using thingiverse. I’ve been playing around with ABS and Petg filament recently trying to get use to all the different types so that I can figure out tolerances
what filament and nozzle dia were you using for the lowers? I'm assuming ABS due to the strength and you have a enclosure to keep the layers together. I've messed with ABS a good bit and PLA, I like PLA for most stuff because it's just easier for me. I want to try out PLA + at some point and I've been looking into carbon fiber petg as it's come way down. . I got a 5+ as well and my BLtouch died last night when I went to make a prototype for work which sucked bad.

I would try standing it on back end with zero supports using PLA because I got the bridging dialed in real well. I got solidworks and can modify models pretty easily if you to add a hex pattern or something to the grips in the print.
Nice work regardless.

Gave up on ABS. Far too stinky (aka poisonous vapors), far too much warping. PLA I found was too brittle depending on the specific brand you use but many of them tend to be just a bit on the brittle side. Switched completely to PLA+ or PLA Pro. Easy of PLA printing, no noxious offgassing, strength is great.

I use a CR-10S, an Ender 3 and an Anet by the way.

what filament and nozzle dia were you using for the lowers? I'm assuming ABS due to the strength and you have a enclosure to keep the layers together. I've messed with ABS a good bit and PLA, I like PLA for most stuff because it's just easier for me. I want to try out PLA + at some point and I've been looking into carbon fiber petg as it's come way down. . I got a 5+ as well and my BLtouch died last night when I went to make a prototype for work which sucked bad.

I would try standing it on back end with zero supports using PLA because I got the bridging dialed in real well. I got solidworks and can modify models pretty easily if you to add a hex pattern or something to the grips in the print.
Nice work regardless.
All the manuals and testing was done with PLA+ cause while it may be “weaker” it has a safer fail aka a bulge vs a catastrophic like higher strength materials….and I’m using just the std 0.4 nozzle that came with the unit

Made some salt and pepper shakers as a joke from the banter on the dead air Q and A sessions they have, base threads to the tube for refills and the base even threads 14x1 lol
3614149D-FE7D-4304-B96C-D7E591B48388.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom