• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your catch Trappers.

View attachment 1894583 Alright fellow trappers. Let’s see your catch and the story behind it. Im a hobby trapper and I really enjoy it. I excelled in water trapping but not as good at land trapping. Im a beavers nightmare however Ive yet to catch a coyote although Ive found hairs in the jaws where they’ve pulled out. Id love to catch some yotes and bobcats. Eventually I will. Would love to hear some others stories and techniques.
take that beaver tail cut up let ripen in sun gets liquid a little anise oil you will have a good all around bobcat predatory lure if don,t read Fur fish and game mazines start alot good knowleged and help for a young trapper

83113686-1F2A-442A-8382-83A9921C2F1E.jpeg
Caught this young beaver behind my neighbors house. I built a fake castor mound of mud and sticks and poured some castor I took from another beaver on a different property on the mound. Worked like a charm. I did a drowning rig set up with a foothold which actually didn’t work as intended. The trap chain wound around some sticks not letting it slide along the wire to let the beaver reach the deep water. Luckily he was still in the foothold when I got him the next morning.

Thank you sir I’ll definitely try it!
skin that beaver keep caracass cut up chunks let ripen some make good dirt hole sets thing about catching bobcats got find the trails they use because they pretty much make a route over their terriority always had my best luck catching cats in trail sites put bobact urine out bury some bait close that trail u should have mister bobby by the foot

905FA896-BB47-4E83-A021-85FC6E3F4CD1.jpeg
99330307-79A4-4F64-A67F-82A9E1F4DCE1.jpeg
I trapped these two out of my dads swamp. I set one 330 in a heavily used shallow channel and the other in front of a dam break. I took my son out with me that morning it was bitter cold. In the 20s. The beaver in the channel was easy to get but the dam break 330 was missing. I already knew what happened id experienced it before. The 330 slammed shut on the beaver with so much force the beaver jolted straight up and uplifted the 330 of the stakes and the beaver and trap rolled off in the deep water. I took a stick and probed the bottom till i felt it. I tried to hook him with the stick but no luck. I had to pull my coveralls down and roll my sleeves up. I reached down in the water up to my shoulder and grabbed the beaver and threw him in the boat. By the time i was rolling my sleeves down the water on my arm hairs was already frozen! Way too cold!

Back
Top Bottom