• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your catch Trappers.

We watched the tv show Mountain Men last night on TV. There were a bunch of trapping parts on them. Some were not real life bit good just the same.

Sure wish we had a trapping forum on here.

We watched the tv show Mountain Men last night on TV. There were a bunch of trapping parts on them. Some were not real life bit good just the same.

Sure wish we had a trapping forum on here.
I agree. I trap as a hobby. I really enjoy it as much as I do deer hunting. My intentions are to eventually become 100 percent self sufficient when it comes to harvesting an animal for myself. From the meat processing up to the taxidermy. Im already doing my own meat processing, and Im great at doing European mounts but I just gotta find the time to try my hand at actual hide on taxidermy.

Our family came over for Christmas yesterday. My oldest grandson set his first coon trap. I guess he is just a natural!! When I checked his traps this morning he had this big greedy buck. Take note that he has one foot in each trap!!!

20181223_132043.jpg
20181223_132705.jpg
2018-12-24 11.50.48.jpg
20181224_085517.jpg

594383DC-F6BA-401B-B6CB-B4542CBDECA9.jpeg
Nice catches!
I almost caught a big bobcat yesterday evening with my .308
I shot this one a couple years ago. The 25-06 blew his hind quarter on the side he’s laying on completely out. I was wanting to have him full body mounted but the taxidermist said there was no fixing it. Hes still in my freezer. May just settle with a shoulder type mount. Deer rounds put a hurting on them.

View attachment 1926713 I shot this one a couple years ago. The 25-06 blew his hind quarter on the side he’s laying on completely out. I was wanting to have him full body mounted but the taxidermist said there was no fixing it. Hes still in my freezer. May just settle with a shoulder type mount. Deer rounds put a hurting on them.

Nice cat. Are you a member of Georgia Trappers Association ?

Back
Top Bottom