• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your catch Trappers.

I am a huge fan of the Big Cats never killed one dont intend to unless its me or it.

The possums I caught today will likely be back in the $%^& trap tomorrow. I am mainly wanting to relocate the Coons to somewhere my feeders are not located.

I trapped as a teenager made some $$ , fur was at a premium and I was poor.

I don’t know. One followed me to a tree stand one morning. I was 5’ up a tree & saw teeth & heard a his. I felt like lunch. So I wouldn’t have minded at that time if he would have died. He didn’t. Pic of him leaving after the stink from my pants ran him off.

Attachments

• 77A55063-A7E6-4DD1-B9B9-E0F4AC07BCA2.jpeg
    77A55063-A7E6-4DD1-B9B9-E0F4AC07BCA2.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
Question, what do y'all do with them/why kill? I get beavers being a pest and coyotes, but are bobcats a problem?? Curious as I thought those were pretty reclusive and hard to find

Georgia has a healthy population of Bobcats.. one of the top 10 States with the highest population.
So besides the monetary value they also are removed for predator Control. Last years reported catch from recreational Trappers for bobcats was 6000+.
And DNR reports the population is steady and healthy.

View attachment 1942229

I set out four live traps yesterday evening trying to catch Coons around the feeders.

Took the boy today, he was surprised but enjoyed it.
We had two Possums the other two were empty.

Awesome.

Opossum actively hunt & eat ticks: I encourage releasing them live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question, what do y'all do with them/why kill? I get beavers being a pest and coyotes, but are bobcats a problem?? Curious as I thought those were pretty reclusive and hard to find

Cousin sold the pelts: his main purpose was population control however. They are brutal on calves.

Coyotes need to be harassed continually: a scorched earth policy isn’t too harsh for them.

View attachment 1942272
Here are a few from my nuisance predator line in the last month or so.
I trap full time year round. And mainly only work with coyotes, beavers, and foxes.
Up to 7 black ones since September.

Quoted to Like Again.

View attachment 1942272
Here are a few from my nuisance predator line in the last month or so.
I trap full time year round. And mainly only work with coyotes, beavers, and foxes.
Up to 7 black ones since September.

The first Black Coyote I saw was on Redlands Road in Heard Co 25 years ago. Seems like quite a few now.

I kill them for pelts or taxidermy mounts. I saw one in the stand a few days ago. Couldve easily shot him but figured it would be better to try and trap him to avoid bullet damage on his pelt. All the beaver I trap I intend to make a blanket from the pelts.

Back
Top Bottom