• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shroud for compensator?

OFace12

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
12   0
Reaction score
After finally getting my Echo trigger in from Fostech after three months, I finished assembling my new AR and took it to the range. This is the first AR that I've had that has a muzzle brake on it. All other ones that I have just have a basic flash hider on it. It might just be in my head, but I feel that it helps fight muzzle rise. The only problem is that shooting it at an indoor range in a stall is Hell. The air blast that comes off of it is crazy. The guy in the stall next to me moved down a few lanes, lol. Is there any product out there that you would recommend that can help cut down on that blast while shooting indoors? I have the VG6 Epsilon muzzle device, and they make a shroud for it, but they are backordered for 2 months due to moving manufacturing in-house. Gemtech makes one, but I think it has to go on their brake.

Any recommendations would be nice, as I love shooting this with the echo trigger. Just shooting it in a stall is brutal.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you, but how are you liking the Echo trigger?

It definitely put a smile on my face. So far I've only shot it indoors at the stall, so I haven't dumped a whole lot of rounds at once due to getting beat up by my compensator. The single round action had a nice feel to it. The only down sides that I have seen so far is the possibility of not pulling the trigger all the way to the rear to activate the release (I haven't had it yet, but I saw it in reviews), and having to manipulate the echo sear and hammer in order to assemble the upper/lower (which I can get over).

It definitely put a smile on my face. So far I've only shot it indoors at the stall, so I haven't dumped a whole lot of rounds at once due to getting beat up by my compensator. The single round action had a nice feel to it. The only down sides that I have seen so far is the possibility of not pulling the trigger all the way to the rear to activate the release (I haven't had it yet, but I saw it in reviews), and having to manipulate the echo sear and hammer in order to assemble the upper/lower (which I can get over).
Cool. I've watched a bunch of YouTube vids on it and the Franklin binary trigger. The Fostech looks like a better design to me because it eliminates the hammer-follow that you can get with the Franklin trigger.

The only drawback I can think of would be how expensive it would get, because I KNOW I would be doing mag dumps all day long! lol

My granddaughter shot my AR this weekend, it was the first time I had watched it being shot by someone else since I traded for it. from anywhere but dead behind it is obnoxious, even outside. Not sure what kind of brake it has on it, but it is very effective at reducing recoil.

Back
Top Bottom