• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF Barrier

Hey Y'all. This one might be better suited for those that live in the city or subdivisions.

As a former farm kid, the value of a good fence isn't lost on me. In a true shtf scenario a simple, inexpensive fence can be constructed in just a couple hours and would serve as a huge deterrent to crime and looting. Some 6 foot welded wire fence ($100/100ft), a couple dozen t posts, post driver, wire and a single strand of barbed wire across the top is temporary/sturdy/ and a very effective deterrent. For those with a fenced back yard, this would go up quickly and easily in the front. I built something similar in the back for my dogs a few weeks ago. It's about 60 feet long, and took all of 1.5 hours.

Might not be a bad idea.
It would sure make your neighbors house look more tempting.
Thoughts?

The ones you mentioned are good, but filling up as many garbage cans with dirt, putting old vehicles in staggerd locations or just moving removable highway barriers into your neighborhood defense WOULD be good as long as each barrier is manned by someone. I have 4 forklift operator's on my Prep team, there job is barriers and Fighting POSITIONS.

The ones you mentioned are good, but filling up as many garbage cans with dirt, putting old vehicles in staggerd locations or just moving removable highway barriers into your neighborhood defense WOULD be good as long as each barrier is manned by someone. I have 4 forklift operator's on my Prep team, there job is barriers and Fighting POSITIONS.

He aint gonna answer.

He aint gonna answer.

Unlike.

Edit: Actually joking. As many debates as we got into and as much of a poop disturber as he was I didn't hate him.

There is enough hate in this world and not a one of us is going out of it alive

Ya never know when ur time is up

There is enough hate in this world and not a one of us is going out of it alive

Ya never know when ur time is up

I've actually had deeper discussions with laufen than anyone else on here. Wanted to tear out my eyeballs at times, but I get it. I don't hate him, but most liberals are earning my hate lately. I'm not trying to outlive anything, just trying to leave it good for my daughters.

I've actually had deeper discussions with laufen than anyone else on here. Wanted to tear out my eyeballs at times, but I get it. I don't hate him, but most liberals are earning my hate lately. I'm not trying to outlive anything, just trying to leave it good for my daughters.

The man didn't burst into flames when he stepped into my home. (Rosary and bible on table) I said no religion no political talk. He is a great friend has been very good to me and my family. I absolutely want my children to have the best life possible with my kids being 9 years apart in age it is a different world raising the younger one

This was one of our Signal sites in Vietnam. We had to scrounge everything. The guys built this wall with metal sheets they found and behind it 55 gal drums and sandbags. That space on top of the wall could have planters up there. Paint the front of the wall to be decorative.
Vietnam Site.jpg

In an apocalypse Novel I read recently , apparently Automotive airbags would probably make effective land mines

Could be individually pressure activated with a small battery
Or hard wired and remotely activated

Broken ankle is almost guaranteed if someone steps on a pressure activated steering wheel bag

A couple side curtain bags turned sideways on each side of an entry way or hallway inside would be very effective

A fence to slow em down and a pop up irrigation system sprinklers pressurized with diesel/gasoline/automatic transmission fluid/ propane along the fence line would convince your attackers to go elsewhere in a hurry

Passing AIr conditioner refrigerant thru a flame turns it into a form of nerve gas that's very fatal if inhaled

Those two junk cars , if stripped of the proper components could form the basis of a lot of self defense items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom