• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF defense’s

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
We’re talking about living in a WROL, things have went horribly south. I know that most on here plan on a firearm being the main source of defense but you have to sleep sometimes. No need to describe your bug out location but what would be idea’s for keeping it secure? A man I worked with a few years ago had mentioned treble hooks tied to braided fishing line about thigh high. Probably a very bad idea legally. Maybe something like this would be more sensible. https://fithops.com/products/12-gauge-perimeter-alarm

You seriously want to talk about this on the interweb?
Nothing that would ever be done unless it came down to defending yourself in a life or death situation. This is all hypothetical. To much legal recourse in doing anything like this unless you’re life depended on it. And like the shotgun with blank’s. Not looking for lethal, more of early warning.

your absolute best defense is invisibility. you do not want your property to stand out. you do not want people to know you have stocks of anything. if people know what you have, and they are desperate for a meal, they will take what you have...i don't care how many guns you have, i don't care if you live in a castle...the mob will take your stuff. that being said, you only need to remain invisible for several months after a shtf event as the unprepared will die off. until then, you need to look like everything else...no garden, no lights at night, if the neighbors' windows are broken so should yours be, no cooking as you would be surprised how quickly hungry people will smell it, if your neighbors didn't prepare, tough, if you start trying to help them in any way they will eventually come back and take everything (this is a great time for MREs but you can also eat any canned food without heating it)...booby traps, like the treble hooks, are only going to let people know there is something they want inside...booby traps are also illegal, so if society does start functioning again you will be liable.

your absolute best defense is invisibility. you do not want your property to stand out. you do not want people to know you have stocks of anything. if people know what you have, and they are desperate for a meal, they will take what you have...i don't care how many guns you have, i don't care if you live in a castle...the mob will take your stuff. that being said, you only need to remain invisible for several months after a shtf event as the unprepared will die off. until then, you need to look like everything else...no garden, no lights at night, if the neighbors' windows are broken so should yours be, no cooking as you would be surprised how quickly hungry people will smell it, if your neighbors didn't prepare, tough, if you start trying to help them in any way they will eventually come back and take everything (this is a great time for MREs but you can also eat any canned food without heating it)...booby traps, like the treble hooks, are only going to let people know there is something they want inside...booby traps are also illegal, so if society does start functioning again you will be liable.
I had this video pop up on YouTube looking for something completely unrelated and it got me to thinking.:pound:

Back
Top Bottom