• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF ideal set up.

My ultimate ideal SHTF set up...is one I sincerely hope to have the resources to procure one day. A cabin literally in the middle of nowhere, 1 year food supply, plenty of heirloom seeds to plant later. Solar power, generator, satellite dish, tv attenae, hot air popcorn maker, and a couple great recliners. Just gonna sit back and watch the world fall apart. Just hope somehow the tv Chanels keep broadcasting and I don’t run out of popcorn.

My ultimate ideal SHTF set up...is one I sincerely hope to have the resources to procure one day. A cabin literally in the middle of nowhere, 1 year food supply, plenty of heirloom seeds to plant later. Solar power, generator, satellite dish, tv attenae, hot air popcorn maker, and a couple great recliners. Just gonna sit back and watch the world fall apart. Just hope somehow the tv Chanels keep broadcasting and I don’t run out of popcorn.

But to answer your question...gonna stick with AR in 5.56 and a Glock 9mm

So! Pardon me for stating the obvious, but WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU GOING TO GO? Some cabin in the woods? Most of us don't have one.

Over the hills and through the woods to grandmothers subdivision? The same handful of crap is going to happen there too.

The better option is to have enough for you and yours and keep a low profile. The stores will be completely out of food in 3 days. The same with Fuel. If there isn't any relief things will get really ugly in about 2 weeks.

The neighbors who knock on the door asking for food, will escalate from individuals breaking into empty houses, to armed thugs going from house to house.

I am just saying, make your plans a little more realistic. Have enough firepower to deter those who want to take what you got. But if you look too powerful and well prepared you could find yourself a big target.

If your plan is to get out of state. You'd better plan of enough fuel for the entire trip.

BTW our ethanol enhanced fuel doesn't store well. It separates as it ages. So either rotate your stored fuel into your vehicles and use it up regularly or store only ethanol free gasoline.

Have a plan and work it, but a battle plan rarely survives fist contact with the enemy. Retain the ability to remain flexible.

AR and a Glock 22 w/357sig conversion. Both are easy to work on, find parts for, use common calibers and are very reliable

Same thing I would grab if someone broke in my house...My AK and/or G30. Depending on where I am in the house, it may be a 12ga pump shotgun, but shhhh, don't tell @Bear44 ! Lol

AK folder or Pistol in the car with extra mags to make it back to the house. Food, to last 90 days. Extra fuel to drag the boat to the coast, and sail away if it gets that bad.

For some reason I want to grab my old 30/30 and my .357 mag dan wesson. I'm also glad I'm out in the country but will be more glad when i move even further out. I would feel bad for all of yall real close to Atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom