• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF ideal set up.

44 mag Redhawk and 44 mag marlin rifle.(ruger 44 carbine would work also)

Or 30/06 auto and a 45acp

Or GP100 357, and Henry 357

Or lastly 300 win mag bolt gun and a 45 acp

20180104_221438.jpg
AR in 5.56 with 7 mags...

G17/34 with 4, 19rnd mags. Vest,plates, medical, food, water, etc, etc....

Okay - going a different way -

A Ruger MK IV .22 with at least x6 extra mags
A Ruger breakdown 10-22 (preferably in a magpul stock) and at least x6 extra mags
A Remington TAC14 870 with a goodly amount of buckshot and birdshot

I own much cooler guns than any of these - but that is not the question. If I had to roll out with x3 guns only - these would be the ones. The .22s because I can easily walk around with 1000 rds of ammo for them and they will meet the need - if other weapons are required I can use these to acquire the other weapons I would need.

What is more likely to happen - you have to take a head shot at 1000 meters or you have to get some belligerent asshole off you at 3 steps?

I refer to this logic as the “spinning back kick” theory - is it cool for a level 420 black belt to know how to execute a spinning back kick? Sure. Is he going to actually use that move? Nope.

Master the basics. Masters are not not those in possession of ninja skills - masters are those who have mastered basic skills.

Watch a boxing match - what are these champions doing? They are throwing standard left jabs and right hooks with extreme skill - they are not doing super cool ninja moves to impress the crowd.

Just my two cents - your carnage may vary.

Jake

After years of swimming upstream, I'm finally convinced a simple AR/9mm pistol combo is the best way to go for many common sense reasons, even if it's not your immediate preference.

I think using that gear under pressure until you get all the bugs worked out is equally as vital. Your belt, holster, pouches, sling, chest-rig, plates, etc. Discomfort with your gear distracts from running your gun. Keep it minimal and practice with it until you are a ninja freak show.

Primary Weapon System 11.5" in 7.62x39 with a Razor Gen II E 1-6 and Sandman K.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Most the time I read or hear stuff like this there are a lot of different ideas of what SHTF means. A power outage and most everything being closed for ~72 hours is about the most realistic thing most of us will have to face. Last time I was in this boat I spent a lot of time grilling meat and sipping drinks on the porch, zero time mowing down zombies. Some of my neighbors were in full panic mode within a couple hours because they treated the local grocery store like their pantry and were out of food right away. It's like camping in your own house and I'd rather be "glamping" than roughing it.

If I had to choose 1 rifle and 1 pistol, that could be carried whether on foot (worst case scenario,) the.
I’d have to go with:
Pistol
Glock 9mm
Parts readily available since the popularity of the weapon
9mm Ammo again for popularity hence availability
Rifle
A .22 rifle whether bolt or semi auto, but a newer style (for availability of parts)
.22lr is very readily available. You can hunt, defend and kill with it, and also can carry lots of it even if on foot

Accessories
Good knife and wet stone
Small axe
First aid
Food
Water, container, some sort of purification device or tablets
Means to start fires
Compass
Good flashlight and extra batteries
A good one side reflective tarp large enough to cover you completely
Paracord
Duck tape
Solar NOAA weather radio with charging port

Clearly everything I’ve selected is based upon a survival type secenario in the worst case (alone and on foot.) I could go on with explaining the first aid and some other small accessories I’ve added to the pack, but no need to go into more detail. I’m not certain if this is what you meant by accessories, or if you meant gun accessories, but most of this stuff is equally important if not more to your survival as the firearms are.

Same thing I would grab if someone broke in my house...My AK and/or G30. Depending on where I am in the house, it may be a 12ga pump shotgun, but shhhh, don't tell Bear44 Bear44 ! Lol
I know it's just a movie, but they are obviously at least trying to keep it realistic in a "Three Gun" kind of way. Isn't it convenient how the bad guys slow down their attack when he has the shotgun?
If you have to spend more time loading it than you do firing it, maybe not the best weapon for a gunfight. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom