• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF ideal set up.

I have seen the darker side of humanity.
I have seen a lot of sick, twisted crap committed by people just for enjoyment or comfort.
Add survival to that and it will be BLACK, you will need above all else people you can TRUST.

Are you going to leave family and friends? My parents have the means to bug in..till medicine runs out.
My friends and I have been labeled survivalist before and we can draw a line in the sand.

I have Guns, Gold, Silver, Food/Bic Lighters and Bullets for currency and water nearby.
(P**** at my disposal if the sorority girls I taught self defense and situational awareness to show up.)

To think you will go out and hunt for all your food is wrong..buy some traps for long term.

Go bag should have:
2 fire arms and ammo : One they can see..one they can't till its too late.

Food: it ain't purty but 10 dry beans and a bit of rice soaked in a bit of water will work each day.
( Just don't fart when your trying to be all stealthy.)

Knives, saw and SHARPENERS.

Rain gear and wool blanket:
Tarp can work. So can a sleeping bag..but this Go Bag is turning into a GO TRUCK at some point.

Medical Supplies:
Tampons & Gauze with panty hose & Duct Tape to hold it in place.
Neosporin & Dissinfectant. ( Small bottle goes along way. )
*You can do better with a lot more money spent but you need the above.

Paracord, don't forget you can break this stuff down into strands.
2 pair underwear & socks.

The above is similar to my Get Home bag.
My vehicles don't normally get near empty and I have air pumps, tire plugs,sleeping bag, rope inclement weather gear ect on hand.

Ok ..I got long winded there.

It can happen.
Katrina.
Don't worry..the Government will step in and help...the survivors.

We have property and kinfolk down there. Not so much anymore.

The show the Walking Dead isn't about zombies.
It's about desperation and base humanity.

9mm pistol and 17hmr.
the 17 will reach out to 200 plus yards and still make a mess of someone. its so fast it will go thru soft armor. the round turns into shrapnel dust and would be almost impossible to stop bleeding.
preference would be an ar,9mm pistol,and the 17hmr...

First and foremost, you are gonna have to have a completely different mindset.How bad do you and yours want to survive. Are you ready to stop a heartbeat if the situation presents itself? Would your spouse or teenager be able to make that decision and follow thru? All the previous posts are great suggestions.But without the mindset to survive,no matter what,someone else will eventually be eating your groceries.I prey none of us ever have to find out.One firearm that I didnt see get rave reviews: Shotgun. 12 ga. Keltec is compact and hi capacity. Just dont get exited and blow your left hand off. You will need it later. And there aint nobody in there right mind even gonna walk up to your woman or kid and try to take it away from them.

What viability do you think a 5.56 AK has over an AR15 during SHTF, if any?

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
What viability do you think a 5.56 AK has over an AR15 during SHTF, if any?
Dear God don't lose your mags is all I can say, you'll never find more lol. I don't see any advantage to one over an AR platform though...heavier, rare/expensive mags, more difficult to add optics, no way to free float for accuracy. An AK is a bit more lefty friendly and easier to get a folding stock on to but that's about it. I like my AKs in 7.62x39 for commom mags.

You’re def right about that. I have 15 circle 10 smoked mags and they are quality but won’t find anything to replace them with. I love my 7.62 AK’s too but will most likely just stick the an AR. It’s interesting to see people’s pov’s. I get scored at by AK purists for even having an AK in 5.56.

I never really thought about bug out. My situation isn't conducive to leaving. With several small children, and more ammo and food than we can carry, we are better off sheltered in place. With that said, I do have plans for patrols in the area to recon and possibly gain various supplies or to trap game

Back
Top Bottom