• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF Solar power

Stupid question, does the microwave need to be plugged in (IE grounded) for it to be effective?

From my understanding even if there is no power and you have the unit plugged in the unit will still reach earth ground

Now if the microwave was sitting outside then I would want to make a grounding system for the unit.

Not sure to be honest but this is my understanding.

So as long as the grounding lug is secure on a grounded plug it should be good to go.

From my understanding yes.

The current or pulse will travel along the outside of the unit and into the ground, thus protecting your gear inside. (Just don't forget its in there and start trying to microwave popcorn lol ).

From my understanding yes.

The current or pulse will travel along the outside of the unit and into the ground, thus protecting your gear inside. (Just don't forget its in there and start trying to microwave popcorn lol ).
My parents have a massive old microwave in their basement. Might as well cut the 2 prongs off and plug the ground lug in to the wall.

I have a Goal Zero Guild 10 and love it. It is a small folding pannel that comes with a light, different power addapters and a battery charge pack that you can recharge batteries or use as a sorce or power when sun is not present. I bought mine from Costco online for about 90 bucks. You can buy bigger and small setups but this was super thin and fit in my pack and weigt less than a pound with accessories. I take mine and hook it to my pack as I hike.

www.backpacker.com_media_originals_BP0511_GearReview_MothersDay_GoalZeroKit_445x260.jpg

I bought one for my friend and he has the speaker box made by Goal Zero and takes it on camping trips and just sets it on his truck/tent and jams out to music. They have a million different things you can buy for the kit that all interchange. I think for the price its hard to beat. You can buy bigger kits to suit your needs and even get a large storage base to chage all day and run heavier electronics at night.

Have the same kit, and been very pleased with it on AT hikes. Plan on testing it more extensively this summer on a 12 day backpacking trip in New Mexico - it will be my only source of power to keep my cell phone charged + GPS batteries.

I have a Goal Zero Guild 10 and love it. It is a small folding pannel that comes with a light, different power addapters and a battery charge pack that you can recharge batteries or use as a sorce or power when sun is not present. I bought mine from Costco online for about 90 bucks. You can buy bigger and small setups but this was super thin and fit in my pack and weigt less than a pound with accessories. I take mine and hook it to my pack as I hike.

www.backpacker.com_media_originals_BP0511_GearReview_MothersDay_GoalZeroKit_445x260.jpg

I bought one for my friend and he has the speaker box made by Goal Zero and takes it on camping trips and just sets it on his truck/tent and jams out to music. They have a million different things you can buy for the kit that all interchange. I think for the price its hard to beat. You can buy bigger kits to suit your needs and even get a large storage base to chage all day and run heavier electronics at night.

I have the same thing. Love it. Just cant charge AAA batteries with it

I use solar yard lights for a cheap way to recharge doubleA and tripleA batteries ( depending on the yard light u buy), not so much cell phones but flashlights n stuff can run on em

Back
Top Bottom