• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
In today's electronic age of IR, UV, motion detection, satellite images, smart bombs and drones. I feel it would be hard pressed for most people to stand against a single well funded government. An if we go to a one world power, even harder.

If we are killing Zombies, then I'd opt for a suppressed 45 and 308.

In a thread a guy wanted a 338 for SHTF but I see no need for this unless you're in the mountains or Plains scanning targets 500 yards all day + night with no sleep.

Farms would be open and quickly integrated in order to supply troops food. Least that's my guess.

So how many people are really capable of being on the move constantly, hiding from electronic detection, surviving totally off the land in a "Mad Max" world controled by the antichrist?

In today's electronic age of IR, UV, motion detection, satellite images, smart bombs and drones. I feel it would be hard pressed for most people to stand against a single well funded government. An if we go to a one world power, even harder.

If we are killing Zombies, then I'd opt for a suppressed 45 and 308.

In a thread a guy wanted a 338 for SHTF but I see no need for this unless you're in the mountains or Plains scanning targets 500 yards all day + night with no sleep.

Farms would be open and quickly integrated in order to supply troops food. Least that's my guess.

So how many people are really capable of being on the move constantly, hiding from electronic detection, surviving totally off the land in a "Mad Max" world controled by the antichrist?

Be the gray man. Don't give anyone an excuse to be looking at you. I doubt your scenario would come to pass. What you are describing is more like being on the run in a police state with massive resources. Hilary didn't win. If SHTF than the government's infrastructure would be damaged as well and their resources stretched pretty thin. Unless you really kicked the beehive I'm sure they would have other concerns. As far as SHTF weapons. Use what you are comfortable with, can maintain, and have ammo for. There is no such thing as a jack of all trades tool. Learn the limitations of your chosen weapon system and plan ahead to stay within them.

The most important weapon is the one between your ears. Armed insurgents have conducted successful campaigns from the time of Judah's Macabeeus. The brave new world we live in will provide greater challenges and greater opportunities, should, or when, this scenario becomes reality. Survival will not be a given, survival rates will be low.

The most important weapon is the one between your ears. Armed insurgents have conducted successful campaigns from the time of Judah's Macabeeus. The brave new world we live in will provide greater challenges and greater opportunities, should, or when, this scenario becomes reality. Survival will not be a given, survival rates will be low.
Not saying it's impossible. Agreed that it can and probably will be done is some future. I just see a lot of SHTF references and bug out bags. And while I am all for being prepared for possibilities, I feel that a lot of it is wishful thinking. How many mall ninjas with bug out bags will survive if it really went down. How many hard core survivalist already have bunkers targeted by our own US intelligence for drone strikes. I've known one man that I believe could have survived awhile in such an environment.

All your shiii is now all my shiii.

97269-the-walking-dead-une-scene-alternative-avec-un-mort-different-a-t-elle-fuite-sur.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom