• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sick of Salmon - Trout ideas?

Love me some trout! When I did prepare it I would gut it with the the skin on and bake it in foil on the grill.
Brush some olive oil on it, season it with salt and pepper. I would add maybe two butter wedges, three lemon wedges, and some thyme in the cavity. If you do it right, all the meat falls off the bones. The skin when its baked nice and cripsy adds a real nice flavor profile and texture to it.

Very simple just like most other fish recipes. I need to start eating more fish. Been eating steak twice a week now and its ruining my crave for red meat. Need to back off and find an alternative. Where do you get your trout??

Love me some trout! When I did prepare it I would gut it with the the skin on and bake it in foil on the grill.
Brush some olive oil on it, season it with salt and pepper. I would add maybe two butter wedges, three lemon wedges, and some thyme in the cavity. If you do it right, all the meat falls off the bones. The skin when its baked nice and cripsy adds a real nice flavor profile and texture to it.

Very simple just like most other fish recipes. I need to start eating more fish. Been eating steak twice a week now and its ruining my crave for red meat. Need to back off and find an alternative. Where do you get your trout??

This is pretty much the same thing I do. We would go camping and catch trout, clean them, and cook them just like this on the campfire (wrapped tight in foil). Doesn't take long, and like you said the meat just falls off the bone. Easy and ridiculously good.

L

Used to it that way except for the thyme......often after adding the lemon and butter in the cavity, I would wrap in bacon...my sons loved it that way.

Back
Top Bottom