• Tacos

Votes: 24 25.0%

• Total voters
Saw these on a facebook gun site. Pretty funny
FB_IMG_1502244442188.jpg
FB_IMG_1502244636120.jpg
FB_IMG_1502244641968.jpg
FB_IMG_1502244659411.jpg

My bad, I missed the fact that they were all about a year old.

The production stop and promising to change seem to be something that happened in the last week or so though.
Which paragraph did you read that gave you the understanding that this 'change' has happened in the last week?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

From the statement: "The design of the SIG SAUER P320 overcomes the most significant safety concern in striker-fired pistols today: the practice of pressing the trigger for disassembly."

So are they saying that the gun will fire if dropped because they had to overcome this 'most significant' safety concern? Seems to me other companies have managed to do both...

And is pulling the trigger to field strip the gun really "...the most significant safety concern in striker-fired pistols today..."?

well considering how people forget that there is a bullet in the chamber after they remove the magazine it may very well be the biggest issue.
one can only install a certain number of safeties to compensate for stupidity before the gun gets unwieldy.

Maybe it is just me, but I have never believed any firearm is "drop safe". Anytime a barrel is pointed in your direction and is chambered, it is "unsafe" to me.

I do wonder if other popular firearms pass this type of drop test. I also wonder if many other firearms that have been modified with a lighter trigger pull (by user) will now fail this test.

Rosewood

Which paragraph did you read that gave you the understanding that this 'change' has happened in the last week?

It was in the last one...

"My take is that despite building their pistols to industry standards, SIG has acknowledged the issue and is taking steps to fix it. They didn’t waste any time. They’ve stopped commercial production of the P320 and are concentrating on the upgrade."

They only acknowledged it this week, which certainly implies that's when they stopped production as well. I could be wrong there since again, they don't explicitly say it, but that's how I read it.

However they almost certainly didn't stop production when they first learned about the issue 'over the last year'. And the only steps they had taken to fix it before the recent uproar was to upgrade the pistols the military was going to get.

Maybe it is just me, but I have never believed any firearm is "drop safe". Anytime a barrel is pointed in your direction and is chambered, it is "unsafe" to me.

I do wonder if other popular firearms pass this type of drop test. I also wonder if many other firearms that have been modified with a lighter trigger pull (by user) will now fail this test.

Rosewood

I was wondering this too. It wouldn't be a bad thing to see a whole lot of independant drop testing, since the 'industry standard' test seem pretty weak.

It was in the last one...

"My take is that despite building their pistols to industry standards, SIG has acknowledged the issue and is taking steps to fix it. They didn’t waste any time. They’ve stopped commercial production of the P320 and are concentrating on the upgrade."

They only acknowledged it this week, which certainly implies that's when they stopped production as well. I could be wrong there since again, they don't explicitly say it, but that's how I read it.

However they almost certainly didn't stop production when they first learned about the issue 'over the last year'. And the only steps they had taken to fix it before the recent uproar was to upgrade the pistols the military was going to get.
That's fine. You can read into anything you like, but I think you make a lot of negative assumptions to show a worst case scenario, i.e., negligence, and you really don't have the back up to prove your case.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom