Votes: 4 4.2%
  • M9a3

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • sig p229/p226

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 24 25.0%

• Total voters
Beating will continue until consensus is reached.
:deadhorse:
Let it go, guys. A lot of us have experienced the ol' AD.
Remember when you were young, new to dating, making out in the car?
Then she reached down and touched it....
Yeah, but that AD helped prevent life threatening situations. Like her father finding out you're the daddy.

The soldier article says they submitted a request to change it(Sig, not the military) I hadn't seen that information before. I was just basing that guess I made off of all the photos I've seen of the M17/18

Edit: below is the most recent picture I can find and it's of how the pistol ships trigger looks the same to me but I take their word if they said they changed it.

Attachments

• IMG_8148.JPG
    IMG_8148.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 18
It definitely seemed that SIG initiated the change order for the MHS guns from what the Soldier Systems article had to say.

Yes, I saw that mentioned in an article I posted a couple days ago. All of the incidences, 4 of them, happened within the last year. This was recognized information.

That part was... What's new is that (1) at least one incident is 8 months old, and (2) that it resulted in serious injury to a LEO.

http://www.saami.org/specifications...s/download/Z299-5_ANSI_AbusiveMishandling.pdf

There is the ANSI standard for drop testing, page 2. Muzzle up is one of the required tests, but ANSI specifies the use of a rubber mat. That's the part that ought to be revised.

Some of the drop test videos have shown this as well. The discharges only seem to happen with a hard surface. Makes sense if you think about it. A soft surface like a mat would deform enough to keep the energy out of the action or cause the trigger to force itself back.

I will really be curious to see if this is something that only SIG gets caught up in, or if other vendors are about to have their own come-to-Jesus moment. You have to believe that YouTubers everywhere are trying drop tests on every firearm they can get hold of.

So far I haven't seen anything about this on the 'mainstream' media sites. Hopefully SIG will step-up and get this done quickly, and we won't see other manufacturers caught the same way.

This is the kind of garbage the anti-gun crowd would love to use as a reason to have 'safe gun' rosters like in CA and MA, where only guns proven 'not to be unsafe' are allowed to be sold in those states.

Mass is a great example, where the AG has sued Glock for selling 'unsafe' handguns because they require a trigger pull to field strip, which of course means some Dumb-Axx will have fired a live round unintentionally because they didn;t know enough to clear their firearm.

Back
Top Bottom