Votes: 4 4.2%
  • M9a3

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • sig p229/p226

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 24 25.0%

• Total voters
This isn't exactly related and doesn't prove anything but I wanted to see what happens if you hammer on the rear of a glock with a primed case chambered. It did ease my mind a bit for whatever reason...

This isn't exactly related and doesn't prove anything but I wanted to see what happens if you hammer on the rear of a glock with a primed case chambered. It did ease my mind a bit for whatever reason...
I think your test would mimic the rubber mat testing Sig did initially, at least I remember reading that somewhere recently. But I don't think it replicates a concrete floor exactly the same.

In all reality, Glocks reliability is well known, but I think testing needs to be the same to truly know. I personally don't damage any of my guns trying to find out tho.

I, and others here, have mentioned.. maybe there needs similar testing done on all makes and models of striker fired firearms.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I think your test would mimic the rubber mat testing Sig did initially, at least I remember reading that somewhere recently. But I don't think it replicates a concrete floor exactly the same.

In all reality, Glocks reliability is well known, but I think testing needs to be the same to truly know. I personally don't damage any of my guns trying to find out tho.

I, and others here, have mentioned.. maybe there needs similar testing done on all makes and models of striker fired firearms.

I really don't think it proves anything. I think to replicate anything you have to set the trigger in motion. I just wanted to see if anything weird happened lol.

I really don't think it proves anything. I think to replicate anything you have to set the trigger in motion. I just wanted to see if anything weird happened lol.
Yes, I understand and agree. You gave it a good beating. I'd be pretty banged up if I took all the hits you gave it, lol.

They had a SIG rep on Gun Talk today, and he was kind of glossing it over. Stuck with the whole 'voluntary upgrade not a recall' and specifically said that people should keep carrying them. Seems like a dangerous game to me, since it's been documented pretty well that the problem does exist and has allegedly caused at least one injury.

He did mention that rather than simply slip-streaming them into new production this fall as they had planned, they've shut down production of the commercial models and will be installing the upgraded parts when they re-start production. All the military models already have the lighter trigger assembly and do not need the change.

The web site is going up Monday afternoon with instructions on how to get the upgrade done to your pistol. However he warned that it could take a while to get your pistol through the process, and for the process to even begin, since they hadn't planned to start until this fall.

He also mentioned the Dallas PD story. According to him the department armorer was new and saw an old copy of the manual that not only has the 'any gun can go off if dropped' disclaimer, but actually suggests carrying it with an empty chamber. They reworded that in later manuals to what is shown in the thread, but that's what caused this officer to doubt the drop safety and send out the memo.

They had a SIG rep on Gun Talk today, and he was kind of glossing it over. Stuck with the whole 'voluntary upgrade not a recall' and specifically said that people should keep carrying them. Seems like a dangerous game to me, since it's been documented pretty well that the problem does exist and has allegedly caused at least one injury.

He did mention that rather than simply slip-streaming them into new production this fall as they had planned, they've shut down production of the commercial models and will be installing the upgraded parts when they re-start production. All the military models already have the lighter trigger assembly and do not need the change.

The web site is going up Monday afternoon with instructions on how to get the upgrade done to your pistol. However he warned that it could take a while to get your pistol through the process, and for the process to even begin, since they hadn't planned to start until this fall.

He also mentioned the Dallas PD story. According to him the department armorer was new and saw an old copy of the manual that not only has the 'any gun can go off if dropped' disclaimer, but actually suggests carrying it with an empty chamber. They reworded that in later manuals to what is shown in the thread, but that's what caused this officer to doubt the drop safety and send out the memo.
So Sig's solution is to carry the weapon with an empty chamber?!?!?!?! Seriously?

My respect for Sig as a company just dropped quite a few points. They need to own it and fix it. These weapons should not be loaded at all until the problem is fixed. They certainly have no use as a carry weapon. This is a big deal and they should admit it. It's just a matter of time until someone dies.

I wouldn't be worried about the risk. 4 outta 500k is a margin to small to be concerned with, imho. Sig has a great product there with the p320.

Military Arms Channel, on YouTube, took it through the torture test, and it performed as well as a Glock and Cz P01, which most guns failed earlier. I will send mine in for the upgrades since I think I read they will do more than just change out the trigger. If I'm not satisfied after that, I'll have Gray Guns do there trick, which I had planned all along.

Only Walther's ppq m2 and Cz's P01, SP01, and P10c have stock triggers worth keeping anyway. Glock triggers suck pretty bad, and the grip never feels good in an ergonomic way like many others, but I respect their weapons because they always work under the worst conditions and care.

In my opinion, this isn't a big deal, not like the Sig haters are making it anyway.

I wouldn't be worried about the risk. 4 outta 500k is a margin to small to be concerned with, imho. Sig has a great product there with the p320.

Military Arms Channel, on YouTube, took it through the torture test, and it performed as well as a Glock and Cz P01, which most guns failed earlier. I will send mine in for the upgrades since I think I read they will do more than just change out the trigger. If I'm not satisfied after that, I'll have Gray Guns do there trick, which I had planned all along.

Only Walther's ppq m2 and Cz's P01, SP01, and P10c have stock triggers worth keeping anyway. Glock triggers suck pretty bad, and the grip never feels good in an ergonomic way like many others, but I respect their weapons because they always work under the worst conditions and care.

In my opinion, this isn't a big deal, not like the Sig haters are making it anyway.

I don't know where you're getting 4 outta 500k. Looks more like 2 outta 3 to me.

I don't know where you're getting 4 outta 500k. Looks more like 2 outta 3 to me.
Read the Soldier... link I posted on this thread. It is documented there, and I read it somewhere else as well. Also, those four that Sig acknowledges are all within the last year. Check out that article, its worth the read.

Read the Soldier... link I posted on this thread. It is documented there, and I read it somewhere else as well. Also, those four that Sig acknowledges are all within the last year. Check out that article, its worth the read.

I went back a read the article and what they are talking about is four incidents of this happening in the real world. Okay, that's fine, but it doesn't mean this is a safe weapon. It's not. Their attitude that "no weapon is safe if it's dropped" is straight up BS. Any weapon that discharges when it's dropped is unsafe, but the idea that any weapon can/will fire when it's dropped is ridiculous. I don't know of any other modern quality weapon that does. Hell, the old exposed hammer weapons developed the "half chock" hammer position specifically to make sure they would not fire when dropped, so not firing when dropped has been a standard for about a century now. Sig is spinning this to try and minimize the impression of danger and their statement that they have developed the safest striker fired weapon out there is laughable.

This should not be a "voluntary upgrade". It should be a safety recall and they should be making serious efforts to stop people from using the weapon until that fix has been made. I can't even imagine using a weapon that if I fumble the draw on it I could kill myself or someone else.

Back
Top Bottom