• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig guide rod spring breaking?!

Get_Training

Default rank <1000 posts
Memento Mori
97   0
Reaction score
So my friend has a P226, and has shot about 4-5K through it. Today he chambered a round and the action felt a little weird when he did. So he disassembled it and his guide rod spring literally had broken in half. It wasn't pinched, it wasn't cut or anything at all. He shoots a lot but takes care of his stuff. Anybody ever heard of this before? I see that Sig sells a pack of 3 guide rod springs as an "aftermarket' buy. So they have seen this problem before Im assuming. Anybody else ever had this? Ill try to post pics tonight if anybody wants to see it. Don't know how well it'll show up.

It isn't a "problem". All recoil sprigs wear out due to use and should be changed as part of a standard maintenance schedule, regardless of who made the handgun.

I'm a SIG Armorer and I change out the recoil spring on my P229 .357SIG every 5,000rds.

So my friend has a P226, and has shot about 4-5K through it. Today he chambered a round and the action felt a little weird when he did. So he disassembled it and his guide rod spring literally had broken in half. It wasn't pinched, it wasn't cut or anything at all. He shoots a lot but takes care of his stuff. Anybody ever heard of this before? I see that Sig sells a pack of 3 guide rod springs as an "aftermarket' buy. So they have seen this problem before Im assuming. Anybody else ever had this? Ill try to post pics tonight if anybody wants to see it. Don't know how well it'll show up.
Called, "not taking care of your gun." kinda like never changing the oil in your car.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom