• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig MPX SBR Questions

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
I want to get a SIG MPX SBR with colapsible stock. Here are the steps I think I need to take in order.

1) establish a trust
2) buy a sig mpx pistol
3) buy collapsible sig stock
4) buy stamp and apply for a Form 1? Is that right? Cost $200
5) Once ATF approved - assemble stock to pistol...thereby making it an SBR right?
6) I need to get gun engraved with trust info then?? Right?
7) buy another stamp and apply for suppressor...another $200
8) get barreled threaded to accept suppressor

Is that right?

Or is it easier just to buy a SBR initially apply for stamp and let the LGS hold my gun until I am approved?

Is there a better way to do this?

Can someone recommend me a good source to establish my trust?

I am very new to this NFA so i am sure my terms and lingo may be off.. so please correct me.

I thought they were already threaded.

Hit up @heavyd for your trust. He did mine.

Also if you have the funds do your form 1 and buy a can at the same time. So you aren't playing the waiting game forever and a day.

YUou got the basics down but I would not buy the Sig stock until after your approval comes back. In the case of my AK47 I did buy the stock and hinge while I was awaiting approval but only because it was actual modifications I had to do to the pistol to attach it. It wasn't like my MP5 where I pop some pins off and slap a stock on and put the pins back.

So get your trust, buy your gun, file your Form 1. While you are waiting you can get it engraved, threaded anything else you need to do. You can apply for the suppressor at the same time but I'm not sure what the difference in the wait times are.

I have one that has been SBRd. These gents are correct. Don't buy your stock until you get your stamp. They are already threaded. I bought a 3 lug adapter for mine and I put a GEMTECH on it. If you have questions PM me. I got my trust from Heavy D. Dobbs Defense did my engraving. They have $125 price for the form 1, engraving and pics.

Back
Top Bottom