• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P320 chambered in .45 ACP

Ok, so I just got back from testing my new 320c in .45 at the range. I will say that when it functions, it does so quite well. Unfortunately I'm going to have to polish the ramp and extractor. I had several FTF's/not going into battery. The round would stick, and not allow the slide to come fully forward. This happened with a clean gun, switching between both factory mags, and trying 3 different types of ammo. I'm not going to give up on it yet, as when it does function is it smooth and very accurate. So, there it is. I'll update when I go back after modifications. My 320 in 9mm ran flawlessly.
Thanks for the report HVACGuy HVACGuy

Ok, so I just got back from testing my new 320c in .45 at the range. I will say that when it functions, it does so quite well. Unfortunately I'm going to have to polish the ramp and extractor. I had several FTF's/not going into battery. The round would stick, and not allow the slide to come fully forward. This happened with a clean gun, switching between both factory mags, and trying 3 different types of ammo. I'm not going to give up on it yet, as when it does function is it smooth and very accurate. So, there it is. I'll update when I go back after modifications. My 320 in 9mm ran flawlessly.
Ran 80 rounds of brass cased and 100 rounds of aluminum cased with no issue through my fullsize 9mm 320 Tacops yesterday. Really like the swell of the larger grip module. Accuracy was a little better than I was expecting. Trigger was better than a stock glock, but would consider investing a little $ to make it even better. Overall, I'd give it a B+, which is better than any other stock polymer striker-fired I've shot.

On a side note, I now have a minimally used Black Fullsize Medium grip module for sale.

Thanks for the report HVACGuy HVACGuy
No problem. This is my first experience with the 320 in .45, but I will say I've had 5 of various sizes and types including the Tacops in 9 with no issues at all with any of them. Perhaps the issue is the caliber. It is uncanny how close in size and shape the 9 & 45 are. Perhaps Sig isn't leaving enough for clearance in their other calibers. I've read a few articles in which people have had my exact issue in .40 & .45, but who knows?

Ran 80 rounds of brass cased and 100 rounds of aluminum cased with no issue through my fullsize 9mm 320 Tacops yesterday. Really like the swell of the larger grip module. Accuracy was a little better than I was expecting. Trigger was better than a stock glock, but would consider investing a little $ to make it even better. Overall, I'd give it a B+, which is better than any other stock polymer striker-fired I've shot.

On a side note, I now have a minimally used Black Fullsize Medium grip module for sale.
Glad for your success! Apex makes a decent trigger upgrade, I think it was about $50.

Ok, so the new range report.
So I decided not to polish anything before trying it again. I did an extremely thorough cleaning, Qtips and all, and set out to try it again.
This time it ran flawlessly. 100 rounds down range in slow and fast fire, no issues at all.
My thinking is that there must have been some debris left behind by me when I cleaned out the factory grease the first time.
As you can see by the pic, 100 rounds at 10 yards, it worked great!
As for the fliers, in my defense, I was positioned directly under the fresh air outlet, lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom