• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P320 Fails Drop Test

So there was no testing performed?
Some testing was performed but they didn't completer the testing once they decided glock was much more expensive or the right palm got greased you be the judge. With a military that seems so often to waste money in less than intelligent ways(don't get me wrong I am not one to believe they are over funded) it seems a little smelly when they don't even complete the trial on a long awaited replacement weapon due to a few hundred million discrepancy. I don't even have a horse in this race. I don't have a particular problem with nor a preference toward either weapon. Just a curiousity as to the outcome of what should have been an unprecedented scientific torture test. Also I'd like our military to have the best all around handgun.

I've had a pistol drop once while removing another from the safe. I've yet to drop one at the range. While it is a concern, It wouldn't make or break a deal for me. I'd be more concerned about dropping a weapon in combat than I would about it going off if dropped.

There seem to be rumors that this is a rumor started from butt hurt companies. well see as time goes on I guess. This was pulled from another site.

Just got off the phone with aSIG armorer, Robert, who confirmed to me that the only way they ever got the pistol to fire, on impacts, was to actually take out that safety block and then to hit down hard, on the magazine, which would then make it fire. He said "hitting it hard like you were driving a nail." Other than that, with the safety in place we have never gotten it to fire when dropped or hit.. severely. He also said the chances were in the . three decimal places, so 0.001 per cent that it could happen.

The FBI test the issue was themagazine floor plate broke during the drop test. This is from Robert C. Burke, a Factory Certified Armorer of SIG Sauer.
I'll trust his input over internet rumor and speculations.

If I had a 320 I planned to use for anything other than a rangetoy, I's sure as **** do my own drop testing with a primed round. There's a thread on Pistol-Forum about this issue. Sig manual even says not to carry one in the chamber :O. I would trust the official word from Sig about as much as I would trust official word from Glock.....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27008-P320-drop-safety-quot-issues-quot

If I had a 320 I planned to use for anything other than a rangetoy, I's sure as **** do my own drop testing with a primed round. There's a thread on Pistol-Forum about this issue. Sig manual even says not to carry one in the chamber :O. I would trust the official word from Sig about as much as I would trust official word from Glock.....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27008-P320-drop-safety-quot-issues-quot

Colt said the same thing about the Python, right there in the owner's manual.

You would think lawyers ran the world.

20170803_091838.jpg

Sigs manual.
Does anyone have a modern manual that suggests storing a firearm
loaded o
r keeping a round in the chamber while carrying?

so they expect military and LEOs to chamber a round WHILE in a high threat situation? Draw, CHAMBER, then fire at someone who is about to shoot them? how does that work...

For kicks and giggles I took my EDC G26 and chambered a piece of primed brass this afternoon. I threw it all around the yard. No surprise, it didn't fire. If anybody here has a p320, it'd be easy to test. User manuals may not advocate carrying chambered, but I don't think they typically claim that their gun is not drop safe.

For kicks and giggles I took my EDC G26 and chambered a piece of primed brass this afternoon. I threw it all around the yard. No surprise, it didn't fire. If anybody here has a p320, it'd be easy to test. User manuals may not advocate carrying chambered, but I don't think they typically claim that their gun is not drop safe.

Loaded a piece of primed brass in my P320 Compact and tossed it around the kitchen floor. Did not discharge. Nope, not a proper test, but there ya go. I do have some screwed up places in the linoleum now........may have thrown it a tad too hard.

Back
Top Bottom