• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P320 "voluntary upgrade" program

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
Just filled out the online form with serial number. Received this message:

No further action is required from you at this time.
You will receive an email from SIG SAUER at a later date that will include a prepaid shipping label and instructions to return your P320 pistol and any P320 caliber exchange kits that you have. It may take many weeks for you to receive this next communication, but we won’t forget about you (SIG will not begin the upgrade process for a few weeks as we prepare to make this upgrade). Once your P320 is shipped and received at SIG SAUER, the turnaround time will be approximately 4 – 6 weeks. This lengthy process is due to the high volume of pistols in the marketplace. Transit times may vary depending on your geographic location and receipt of your returned pistol. In the meantime, your SIG SAUER pistol is safe to carry and use as originally configured from the factory.
logo-emblem-black.svg

I'll keep this updated.

I suspect if SIG thought there was anything beyond the remotest chance of someone getting hurt by a dropped pistol discharging their approach would be different.

Could they afford the negative publicity and crippling lawsuit ? Fairly easy to prove they were culpably negligent if it happened ?

I can't make up my mind if I want to send mine in or not. I have the Greyguns trigger installed in mine and I don't carry it.
I'm not sending mine. With an aftermarket trigger, you're fine. The graygun and apex triggers are fine as they are lighter.
Sig is still saying the stock 320 is within all US safety standards which I found interesting.

Back
Top Bottom