• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P320 "voluntary upgrade" program

From their statement they say that one of the the Apex triggers isn't much lighter than the SIG part, and the other they don't have enough testing time or a big enough sample size to say that it's safe, even though it is lighter.
Still weird that another manufacturers trigger would be an issue. If they need to replace 'their' trigger in a Sig, why not in every handgun platform. I smell fish.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought an upgraded or lighter trigger, Sig Pelt or an Apex trigger, was a fix for the stock Sig heavier trigger. How come Apex would need to replace anything?

Something doesn't make sense about this coming from Apex.

Apex is doing that to cover their ass. If they came out and said their product fixes the 320 issue, but then for whatever reason someone's gun goes off, I would imagine they'd be in deep ****.
From everything I've seen and read, Apex and graygun triggers are good to go.

I'd like to see the report from the officer vs sig. a snippet was posted, but I'd be interested to read it in its entirety. I noticed from the pic above it fell while still inside the holster and went off?

This is a good article explaining the problems sig is having. Maybe it hasn't been posted yet.

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/sig-sauer-p320-fails-drop-test/
Yes, this was shared the day it came out. It was their drop test that inspired all the discussion and Sigs voluntary trigger replacement.

On a side note, I see so many jumping on the bash Sig bandwagon for not mandating a total recall. With Gray Guns premier service on the p320 which includes the better/lighter Pelt trigger, maybe they didn't see a need to recall every p320 out on the market since the Pelt trigger upgrade corrects the problem.

Also, I know you can change the trigger yourself if so inclined. I'm not sure if Sig will change anything else internally on the voluntary trigger upgrade, but I'll send mine off first before having Gray Guns do their magic.

Just a thought for the Sig bashers. And no, I'm not a Sig fan boy. I own a couple of them, but I also own Glocks, Cz's, Walthers, and S&W's.

Before the tragic boating accident I had HK, Glock, Sig, Smith

Are are fine by me.

Like the line from Orwells Animal Farm

All the animals are equal , but some are more equal than others.

And the holster it was in when it fell and discharged

Attachments

• 6360RDSSTX2.jpg
    6360RDSSTX2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom