• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P320 "voluntary upgrade" program

Apex is doing that to cover their ass. If they came out and said their product fixes the 320 issue, but then for whatever reason someone's gun goes off, I would imagine they'd be in deep ****.
From everything I've seen and read, Apex and graygun triggers are good to go.

Apex does mention that they haven't been able to reproduce the issue with their flat trigger, but since they say that their curved trigger is almost exactly the same as the SIG part, I'd guess it would be just as susceptible.

Apex is doing that to cover their ass. If they came out and said their product fixes the 320 issue, but then for whatever reason someone's gun goes off, I would imagine they'd be in deep ****.

From everything I've seen and read, Apex and graygun triggers are good to go.

Nope, Grey is saying take their trigger out and send the gun in to SIG for the recall.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/update-on-sig-p320-problem.1483505/

The paragraph below says it all...

"Stock P320s with our trigger installed may still unintentionally discharge if dropped at an angle not tested as part of the accepted standards as defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / Sporting Arms Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute, Inc. (SAAMI®), or National Institute of Justice (NIJ). "

Nope, Grey is saying take their trigger out and send the gun in to SIG for the recall.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/update-on-sig-p320-problem.1483505/

The paragraph below says it all...

"Stock P320s with our trigger installed may still unintentionally discharge if dropped at an angle not tested as part of the accepted standards as defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / Sporting Arms Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute, Inc. (SAAMI®), or National Institute of Justice (NIJ). "
I said they were good as in nothing will happen if dropped with those triggers.. of course gray and apex are pulling theirs just to protect themselves. They would be crazy not to. But so far I haven't seen anything that an aftermarket trigger in a 320 will go off if dropped. It's only the manufacturers saying it "may" because they can't come out and say it won't.

I said they were good as in nothing will happen if dropped with those triggers.. of course gray and apex are pulling theirs just to protect themselves. They would be crazy not to. But so far I haven't seen anything that an aftermarket trigger in a 320 will go off if dropped. It's only the manufacturers saying it "may" because they can't come out and say it won't.

I'm sure liability is an issue here. That's kind of what surprises me about SIG telling people to continue carrying a firearm that has a known issue.

Since Apex says that their curved trigger is almost identical to the SIG part, it certainly makes sense that it would suffer from the same failure mechanism. I don't know that anyone has tried this, but to my mind it certainly seems reasonable that it would behave the same as the standard SIG part.

The flat Apex trigger is lower weight according to Apex, and if that's the culprit then that trigger could indeed be perfectly safe if the failure mechanism is partly or completely due to the weight of the trigger. No idea about the Grey trigger though.

My point is that you aren't good to go with the aftermarket triggers, since the manufacturers themselves are not certain. Their worst case scenario is not that you shoot yourself (after all, you chose to carry the gun knowing the questions involved), but that you drop it and it fires, injuring a 3rd party.

Apex and Gray are building a legal firewall if that should happen, but you as the gun owner need to follow that logic as well. After all, you could be sued in that same situation if it could be shown that you knew the gun had issues, and rejected the trigger manufacturers advice to pull the trigger out and send it back.

In fact I would argue that even carrying a P320 at this point opens you up to personal liability, if they could prove you knew about the problem and carried the firearm anyway.

Sig is still saying the stock 320 is within all US safety standards which I found interesting.

Perfectly safe - all my concerns are alleviated.

dalecoopershot.gif

Back
Top Bottom