• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P365 is the real deal

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
504   0
Reaction score
We have all seen and heard of the teething pains the P365 has had since release. I've wanted one since I handled the pistol earlier this year but stayed away until the issues were resolved. I ended up acquiring one a few days ago that was built in late July with all the updates built in from the factory. I fired 240 rounds this weekend of all types of 9mm ammo. reloads, factory, fmj, hollow points and 115 and 124 gr. This thing feels and handles great! I was popping 8" steel plates at 10 yds and was impressed with accuracy and shootability and reliability. I had no ftf or fte during the 240 rounds fired. I do want to run 500 through it before I carry it but so far I don't see that being an issue. If all goes well my trusty G42 will be listed here soon. A 9mm package that is essentially the same size as my G42 but carries 11 round of 9mm gets my vote over the G42 and especially the larger G43 all day. (I have owned both) If you are looking for a great CCW that is very compact and easily carried you really should give the P365 a look. Read the reviews but make sure they are current and based on current production pistols and not the early models that had the issues.

My G42 on top vs the P365 on the bottom.
P365.jpg

Love mine and has replaced my Shield, lc9s and Glock 42. Perfect size and capacity. And according to Sig only 0.03 percent of all 365s manufactured has been returned for warranty work regardless of what the internet experts have said. I am at over 1100 rds through it and firing pin still looks great. Bought mine in late May.

Congrats on your purchase.
I have had mine since mid April. I have shot different brands & grains through it. Is is my EDC. It's also a fun range gum. Over 10,000 rounds so far with ZERO problems. It's one tough little gun.
LOVE IT!
80265ebaca4bee225dd374048c163328.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I have to admit. I was very apprehensive at first after hearing/reading about the issues with firing pin etc.... but now seems that Sig has ironed out the kinks. I will probably pick one up here in the near future. Thanks for the review.

Congrats on your purchase.
I have had mine since mid April. I have shot different brands & grains through it. Is is my EDC. It's also a fun range gum. Over 10,000 rounds so far with ZERO problems. It's one tough little gun.
LOVE IT!
80265ebaca4bee225dd374048c163328.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Good Lord you shoot a lot! From mid-April to the date on your target (9/13) is 22 weeks. 10,150 divided into 22 = 461 rounds per week. Wish I could afford 500 rounds a week!

I have to admit. I was very apprehensive at first after hearing/reading about the issues with firing pin etc.... but now seems that Sig has ironed out the kinks. I will probably pick one up here in the near future. Thanks for the review.

I was concerned as well. I think they have it resolved. The trigger is outstanding and I can shoot this thing all day. Something I wouldn’t do with my G43. I think the G43 grip being a little thinner kind of focused the recoil into the web of my hand. Other people may not have that issue. But both my G42/43 have been rock solid. The P365 just feels better for me personally.

I’m not, that was the first thing I checked. I actually kept some of my brass. I’ll see if I can find it and post pics.

Glad to hear it. Sig turned me off with their initial denial and allowing the customer to be the guinea pigs, but I do want this gun to be a success and I am glad the new ones are GTG. Such an intriguing carry gun.

Back
Top Bottom