• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P365 is the real deal

Cadcom Cadcom how does it fit ergonomics wise, compared to the old p6 or p225?
Looks about the same size but Im sure its a lot lighter as the p6 is all metal hammer gun sub

I have a P228. It’s much closer in size to a G42 than my 228 (By a lot.) I actually use the same holster that my G42 rides in.

I have a P228. It’s much closer in size to a G42 than my 228 (By a lot.) I actually use the same holster that my G42 rides in.
Yeah, I see the specs now
365 is a micro vs the p6 a standard compact
basically an inch smaller on length and height.
20+ ounces lighter.

Ergonomics... does it still have the traditional Sig feel?

Yeah, I see the specs now
365 is a micro vs the p6 a standard compact
basically an inch smaller on length and height.
20+ ounces lighter.

Ergonomics... does it still have the traditional Sig feel?

It does not feel like my 228 or any of the classic DA/SA metal P series SIGS. The grip is smaller and easier to grab and of course it’s striker fired so the trigger just Doesn’t have the same crisp feel of a classic SIG. But, l really like this trigger. Triggger pull is nice with a clean break and reset is short and crisp as well. Very similar to an HK VP9 trigger but nicer all around if that helps.

And how does it feel with regards to recoil (smaller guns have less mass to absorb it) Cadcom Cadcom ?

personally I'm not worried about recoil and I'm sure its a little snappy. 85gr no lead JHP would tame it a bit.
I wouldn't consider it as a range gun but as a backup and wouldn't shoot much after a 500 rd break in.

personally I'm not worried about recoil and I'm sure its a little snappy. 85gr no lead JHP would tame it a bit.
I wouldn't consider it as a range gun but as a backup and wouldn't shoot much after a 500 rd break in.

I’m not sensitive either. But I will shoot this one at the range a lot. It’s just fun to shoot. I rarely did that with my G42 or 43. Mainly due to mag capacity.

It does not feel like my 228 or any of the classic DA/SA metal P series SIGS. The grip is smaller and easier to grab and of course it’s striker fired so the trigger just Doesn’t have the same crisp feel of a classic SIG. But, l really like this trigger. Triggger pull is nice with a clean break and reset is short and crisp as well. Very similar to an HK VP9 trigger but nicer all around if that helps.
guess I just need to hit the range with one in hand and give it a go.
Worst case would be to swap it out on here to something else. They seem to move faster than a fair priced ($300) glock

Yeah, they are their own worst enemy with the way they handled the P365 and 320 issues. The only gripe I have is the 365 mags are kind of expensive. Not HK expensive but more than Glock or Smith and Wesson. But the pistol does come with 3 so that helps.

Yeah that 's good, and expensive mags are a Sig trademark for sure.

Back
Top Bottom