• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SIG P365 is the real deal

I rented a Shield and a P365 at the range today and honestly cant figure why anyone would pick a Shield over the P365. I know everyone's hands are different and I'm one of those people who hate Glocks because I dont like the grip. I like the whole M&P line, except for the Shield apparently.

Now, to the point, I really liked the Sig. There was only one thing about the P365 that I didn't like, and that is the fact that I don't have the spare cash to pick one up right now. It felt great in my hand, recoil was very manageable, the sights were good, the trigger was good, and despite my very minimal experience with smaller handguns, I shot it surprisingly well. I only had the 12 round magazine though, so not sure if I'd still like it as much with the outher mags without the little finger extension.

In hindsight, I kinda wish I had thought to ask if they had a VP9SK to rent, too.

I was a Shield fan, they are nice pistols for the money. I got rid of them and went to VP9sk. Outstanding pistol and very nice trigger. But it’s about as big as my SIG P228 and G19 so I let it go and picked up a G42. The G42 is still one of my favorite little pistols but the P365 has eclipsed it by far. It’s sitting at home in it’s little plastic Glock box right now. I’m a P365 fanboy for sure now.

The grip feels right and I can get all three fingers in contact even with the small base. Only issue is that my support hand thumb is ending up on the slide during draws because the 365 frame isn’t as tall as the 42/43 frame. Range visit and first live rounds this weekend. Hopeful that it won’t be an issue. I like this little pistol!

Shield, G-43 and Sig -365 here. Sig beats them hands down. Ran the first 3 boxes in a decent rain; water didn't affect it one bit. Love the grip angle, trigger pull and the 12 round magazine. I've shot another 3 boxes or so without any issues.

Went to the range last week with my Shield, Ruger LC9S, Kimber Micro9, and Sig 365.

The sig was the best hands down. Highest capacity, lowest recoil, and best trigger. I have a factory Lima laser and its spot on easy to tear up a target.

If the market wasnt so soft I'd have the others up for sale.

I picked up a P365 this afternoon that I ordered from Smokey Mountain Guns and Ammo about 6pm Thursday. When I placed my order with Lindsey I asked for the latest build date she had. She told me they received a new supply that day and the build dates were Friday, October 12th. When the box arrived today it was labeled 10-12-18 and including the last two numbers in the serial number she had promised regarding this P365 purchase.
SMG&A delivered as promised, including a free SMG&A logo carry case.

This my third gun purchase from SMG&A this year. They delivered quickly every time.

image.jpeg

Damn it Cadcom Cadcom look what you made me do!!!

Back
Top Bottom