• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig P365 or P365 XL

Zforzachariah14

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
I've been a long time glock owner and love them but I have several friends and coworkers that own the Sig P365 and they all talk about how great it shoots, ease of conceal etc.. With that said, I went and looked and handled both of them. I like the P365 but without the extended mag (12 round) it doesn't fit my hand very well where as the P365Xl does. I like the smallness of the P365 and everyone that has shot it said it is a nail driver. Would the extra 3/4" barrel make the P365 XL more accurate? AS far as price, the P365 is around $80 cheaper but by the time I buy two extended magazines, I could have the XL near the same price. Has anyone shot both of them? I was wondering if the XL would be more accurate?

Thanks for your time!

Bofe.
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190830101730641_COVER (1).jpg

FWIW, check around at your LGS for the Sig P365 range pack, comes straight from Sig with the X-ray sights, 3 12round mags and a Sig holster ( kinda of Mickey Mouse ) which is designed to be ISWB or OSWB by reversing the clips. Not sure how hard these are to find, bought mine around the first week of December. Felt like it was a deal, 550.00 with tax. Hope this helps.

I carry my 365 in a desantis holster in my front pocket every day. It usually has the 10rd mag with the pinky extension in it but some of my pants have pockets big enough for.the 12 rounders. The xl was to big for this style of carry. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I just prefer front pocket carry most of the time.

My EDC for the last year has been a P365 with 12 rnd mag in a Vedders IWB holster at the 4 o'clock position. Excellent concealability....great piece of defense hardware....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I own the regular 365 and my wife also has one. I’ve shot both. Honestly I can’t tell much difference when I shoot the regular 365 with the 12 rounder to the xl. I was so impressed with how well my regular 365 shot from the get go. Then when my wife decided she liked it better than her G43 I was contemplating getting the xl and letting her carry mine. So I rented one at the range and at that point I still couldn’t make up my mind. Well... just so happened my brother bought the xl. So we decided to swap for a bit so he could see if he liked the regular better and for me to give an honest shake at the xl.

so here goes... to me they shoot the same. I mean just a smidge and I mean just a smidge less recoil on the xl... which is kind of a duh statement. Personally I like the way the regular fits in my hands(12round mag) over the xl though. The xl has a longer sight radius. But I was like ok whatever my 365 is the most accurate little pistol I’ve ever shot and I’m not shooting the xl any better. Where it came down to why I decided the regular over the xl was actually carrying it. I carry appendix iwb. And even though the xl is a slim pistol when I was carrying it, I kind felt like well hell I might as well be carrying my G19. It just felt like that to me. So I stuck with the regular.

I've owned both, and I definitely prefer the XL over the original. Maybe it's the sight radius, or a maybe it's the little bit longer grip with the 12 round flush mag. It just seems to fit my hand better. Still very concealable just like the regular 365.

Back
Top Bottom