• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Sauer Customer Service Sux...

I've had Sig replace two guns over the years. Both for frame finishing issues (obvious machining marks). No hassle and very fast turnaround. They even let me pick any other gun/rifle within the same MSRP. Cost me nothing except FFL fee. I was pretty amazed. Anyhow, Sig puts their name on many things, but I would never buy anything other than an actual firearm from them. Their optics and other accessories are Sig-stamped garbage.

So I bought a Sig P938 and after putting about 50 rounds through it the disconnector fell out while I was at the range - which causes feeding malfunctions - The gun was brand-new so I sent it back to sig - they reassembled it and apparently didn't look to see what caused the problem -
I received it back took it to the range shot about 100 rounds through it and the disconnector fell out again - so I returned it to them - at first they told my local gun dealer handling the return on my behalf that they were not going to repair the gun because they had already repaired it once before - I ended up calling them and I kindly explained to them what I expected in a repaired F*****G gun - I also told them when I got the gun back it was going straight to the range with a video camera - so they might want to figure out why the disconnector keeps falling out because I'm pretty sure I could get that video to go viral - suddenly they were interested in whatever it took to make me happy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so since I now have zero faith in their product I told them the only way I would be happy if they sent me a new firearm altogether - so they agreed and I was told I should see it this Monday - I knew I would never carry it and would only want to sell it and I would only feel right after all that crap by selling a gun that I knew was new -

I now have zero faith in Sig Sauer going bang EVERY time

So I have a seriously NEW Sig 938 posted for sale currently

I just picked up a 938 and this is a bit concerning. I put 100 rounds through it so far with no issues, but I'll definitely be looking out for this. It's a great little gun, you may want to test out the new one they sent you. Every manufacturer has QC issues nowadays (except Glock of course). I doubt you will get more than $500-550 for it (without extras) here so you may as well. You may already know this, but if you buy a gun at Bass Pro and plan to resell it later, you can expect to lose 20-30% as soon as you walk out the door. FYI...GA Gun Store in Gainesville always has the best price on new Sigs.

Hmm, happened to stumble across this thread about customer NO service. I have a brand new Savage Model 11 LRH that has been returned for three weeks, simply because the action screws can not be removed. Tried for days to remove, and finally Savage said to send it back and they would expedite the repair. I just called and they haven't even looked at it. Don't mean to steal your thread OP, just seems that the hit or miss service seems to be everywhere.

I had an minor issue with a new pistol so they sent me a new one to replace it. For the moment im happy with them. Not many other companies would do that. Smith + Wesson, Remington and Springfield didnt.
Had a frame problem with a Rock Island Compact 1911. Contacted them, immediately sent me a shipping label to Nevada, sent it back and received a new flawless hand select one with the feed ramp polished and a trigger job, in less than 4 weeks. Now that's customer service.

I sent back a Sig716P twice for cycling issues running suppressed. The first time a smith worked it, sent it back with an extra magazine, some schwag parts, and a personal note. The second time, I pressed for a replacement due to newly found known issues running suppressed and becuase the BCG made significant contact with the lower receiver and caused damage. Sig contacted me for FFL info to send a replacement (new model) 716P that has since been flawless. I sent the gun in for repair sans any accessories and with a junk A2 grip and bare bones PSA stock. They sent the new rifle with all new accessories, mags, sling, etc.

All my Sigs run like champs, a few P226's, P229, P938, P238, even the (GSG) 1911-22 and Mosquito. I do have to send the P229 in for the roll pin issue, so I suppose I will have an opportunity to experience the CS again, but I usually get good CS because I don't get shi**y with people and give them attitude - not saying the OP did.
I was nice to them until I called again a couple of days ago. Mind you, I haven't heard a single word from them since this started. Nothing. Gave the guy the RMA #, and about a minute later he says, "Oh, I see your order, it's still not processed. We're waiting on more to BE MANUFACTURED". When we get some in stock, we'll send you one. Didn't take the time to email any kind of explanation anytime during 12 weeks. I admit it, I lost it a little then, and asked if they were on the way from China. He said, "No. they're not made in China. Sorry, we'll send you one as soon as it becomes available". Their site lists them as "in stock". So the wait continues.

My MCX 556 has the bolt only recall, they sent me a full size rifle box with return stamp, i cut the UUUGE box down and shipped back the bolt. Called today and they verified they have it. They said they will send me a new BCG along with $50 online store credit. seems legit so far and nice ppl to talk to.

Beretta, had a m9a1 that would not hold the slide back on empty half the time, also upon inserting a full mag with the slide back, it would release the slide and chamber a round without touching the slide release. I sent it to beretta, their head guy " rick gump " inspected it, probly did nothing and sent it back. The problem did not get solved. Not sure i want to deal with beretta anymore as there super heavy and their head gunsmith sucks, but the m9a3 sure is purdy.

Joshua Adams
Jun 7 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Received thank you,

The wear on the gun is fairly normal for the Legion series guns. The finish on these guns is a PVD coating which is more decorative of a coating compared to some other coatings we offer such as the Nitron finish.

Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:55 PM
To: Joshua Adams
Subject: Re: SIG SAUER
This was the response from Sig CS about the finish issues that I am having on my Legion. A $1200 pistol has a "decorative" finish??

Joshua Adams
Jun 7 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Received thank you,

The wear on the gun is fairly normal for the Legion series guns. The finish on these guns is a PVD coating which is more decorative of a coating compared to some other coatings we offer such as the Nitron finish.

Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:55 PM
To: Joshua Adams
Subject: Re: SIG SAUER
This was the response from Sig CS about the finish issues that I am having on my Legion. A $1200 pistol has a "decorative" finish??

That is bull.

I sent in 2 legions last year. Called em up, and they had no problem switching them out. That may have changed now since they have gotten so many complaints and probably returns.

That is bull.

I sent in 2 legions last year. Called em up, and they had no problem switching them out. That may have changed now since they have gotten so many complaints and probably returns.
I explained to him that this gun has not been in any holster and has been a range gun, the wear marks that are on it are from sitting in the elastic holder in the gun safe. Sure would hate to see the wear if it were put in a kydex holster

Back
Top Bottom