• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Sauer P365 - Anybody own/shot one?

Totally incorrect. I have a buddy that works at sig. He said they stopped production for all of two days because they had some barrels showing peening and a couple of issues with tritium front sights so they changed the front sight spec and the barrel slightly and went back into full production.

I got mine a few days ago, already have about 300 rounds through it of mixed ammo and haven't had a single hiccup. I tried GA ammo 115s, sig 115's, federal hydro shocks, hornady critical duty and some off brand plated bullet ammo that I got from the last local gun show.

I asked one of my LGS about one last week and they told me the two they had were recalled and they sent them back. Same problem as the 320's, they said some of them would fire if they were dropped. Didn't know when they could get anymore.

Totally incorrect. I have a buddy that works at sig. He said they stopped production for all of two days because they had some barrels showing peening and a couple of issues with tritium front sights so they changed the front sight spec and the barrel slightly and went back into full production.

I got mine a few days ago, already have about 300 rounds through it of mixed ammo and haven't had a single hiccup. I tried GA ammo 115s, sig 115's, federal hydro shocks, hornady critical duty and some off brand plated bullet ammo that I got from the last local gun show.

You do realize that doesn't mean EVERY SINGLE gun they made was recalled, right? I guess not. Recalls on certain lots of guns happen all the time. All I did was pass on the info given to me at the LGS about the two guns in that store, I have no reason to doubt the man. I don't know you OR your buddy, however I DO know the man who runs the store so I'll just be taking his word for why he said the guns were recalled, IF that's okay with you & your buddy. Smh....

My brother has one, and really likes it. For the last several years I have went from CM9 to a G43 for EDC. Recently, I shot the P365 and the G43 back to back. Months ago, when I did the same with G43 and Shield, I thought the G43 was a little snappier than the Shield, but I liked the G43 better than the Shield for EDC. I could actually shoot the Shield a little better at the range. Back to the G43 vs the P365. I thought the dimensions had no significant differences. The G43 was slightly longer and the P365 grip was a little thicker from left to right and a little smaller from back to front. Again, I thought the G43 was a little snappier. I think it has to do with the relative location of the bore axis. This caused the G43 to have more muzzle flip. The P365 was more straight back recoil. This is just my opinion! My brother has shot several hundred rounds though it with zero issues. As Hickok45 said, I would be shocked if Sig put out another pistol with the P320 drop-fire issue. It would be devastating to their business. Let's just say I am very skeptical about that report. I plan to get a P365, but I will be holding on to my proven G43. BTW, the P365 did fit my G43 holster.

I picked one up today and I am seriously impressed. Full disclosure, I haven't actually shot it yet so it could yet be a disappointment. I have cleaned it and fondled it though. So far it is a seemingly WOW firearm. It is smaller than my G43 and practically the same size of my Kahr PM9. In fact, it easily fits in my PM9 Alabama kydex pocket holster. The trigger is amazeballs and it hold 10 rounds in practically the same form factor as the Kahr PM9. I hope it does not disappoint when I take it to the range.
I did get to the range with my P365 last Saturday. I shot it, my wife and my son. It definitely did not disappoint. It is a fantastic little gun that comfortably fits in my Kahr PM9 Kydex AL pocket holster.
The trigger is sweet and I am presently a big fan of this pistol. It looks like it will take the carry space previously occupied by my Glock 43 and PM9 before that.

I did get to the range with my P365 last Saturday. I shot it, my wife and my son. It definitely did not disappoint. It is a fantastic little gun that comfortably fits in my Kahr PM9 Kydex AL pocket holster.
The trigger is sweet and I am presently a big fan of this pistol. It looks like it will take the carry space previously occupied by my Glock 43 and PM9 before that.

I am of the same mind. I went from CM9 to G43 and looks like it will now be the P365. The CM9/PM9 is the smallest, but the trigger reset really, really sucks. No issues with G43 - just the capacity difference .

I like glocks and have been thinking about a 43 to replace a 26 - but this Sig seems like it may be worth waiting on. Lots of interwebian hate, but everyone I know that has actually held or shot one has nothing but good things to say. It may end up being my first Sig.

I like glocks and have been thinking about a 43 to replace a 26 - but this Sig seems like it may be worth waiting on. Lots of interwebian hate, but everyone I know that has actually held or shot one has nothing but good things to say. It may end up being my first Sig.

I was at bigwoodsgoods the other day and asked to handle one but they said they did not have any due to "voluntary upgrade" (recall) for drop safety stuff. I figured after the 320 they would have that resolved

I had one...dropped it...killed my pitbull, ricocheted and killed my nagging wife too.

So I sent SIG a thank you letter and then went shopping for a French Bulldog, a new old lady...and a Ruger EC9s.

:drum:
sig_pew1.gif

Back
Top Bottom