• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig Sauer Scopes?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm looking really hard at the Tango 4 in 3x12 with MOA reticle for a new hunter on my 300 WSM.

In my experience, Sig makes a superior weapon. But their accessories are mediocre at best.

I think they've changed in the past few years but their older optics are almost always rebranded generic Chinese items, like TruGlo and a slew of other companies sell. I know they also do/did get optics from NH-based ITAC, which gets their stuff from China.

IIRC, their scopes are made in Japan and/or Philippines depending on model. As far as I know, Sig doesn't make anything optics-related. They just rebrand from OEM's.

I think they've changed in the past few years but their older optics are almost always rebranded generic Chinese items, like TruGlo and a slew of other companies sell. I know they also do/did get optics from NH-based ITAC, which gets their stuff from China.

IIRC, their scopes are made in Japan and/or Philippines depending on model. As far as I know, Sig doesn't make anything optics-related. They just rebrand from OEM's.
Interesting. I don't think I'd have a problem if they are coming Japan. Some good optics come from there. China is a different story. Need to look into that.

Any idea about the Bravo 4? I've been eyeballing one, but that's one hell of a price tag if it's a rebranded scope...

I have a Romeo 4b, and I've enjoyed it so far. Bought it for my MPX. Also have a 320rx, and that sight seems to be fine. I honestly will likely never have them in a rough situation though, just at the range...

If it is made in Japan it is contracted from Light Optical Works (LOW).

If it comes from the Philippines, it is Asia Optical aka ScoPro.

ScoPro makes the Viper PST line. At best they do a mid-range line but alsos ome cheap crap. Lots of Burris and Nikon stuff comes from ScoPro.

LOW makes the Nightforce NXS SFP scopes and Vortex's Razor Line. They are considered a premium contract manufacturer.

SIG has some sort of ties with Minox out of Oregon for design purposes.

If it is made in Japan it is contracted from Light Optical Works (LOW).

If it comes from the Philippines, it is Asia Optical aka ScoPro.

ScoPro makes the Viper PST line. At best they do a mid-range line but alsos ome cheap crap. Lots of Burris and Nikon stuff comes from ScoPro.

LOW makes the Nightforce NXS SFP scopes and Vortex's Razor Line. They are considered a premium contract manufacturer.

SIG has some sort of ties with Minox out of Oregon for design purposes.

I know the Romeo 4 has the "Designed by Sig Sauer in Oregon Assembled in China" tagline.

Any idea about the Bravo 4? I've been eyeballing one, but that's one hell of a price tag if it's a rebranded scope...

IIRC, Bravo 4 is made in Japan. But if you have a chance to look at a NIB one in person, it will be on the box somewhere. And just because it says "Designed in USA" doesn't mean it was made here. That's just a crafty way of getting around the fact that they can't advertise it as "Made in the USA" because there's actual requirements for that.

I know the Romeo 4 has the "Designed by Sig Sauer in Oregon Assembled in China" tagline.

IIRC, Bravo 4 is made in Japan. But if you have a chance to look at a NIB one in person, it will be on the box somewhere. And just because it says "Designed in USA" doesn't mean it was made here. That's just a crafty way of getting around the fact that they can't advertise it as "Made in the USA" because there's actual requirements for that.
Hmm, wonder if I can find the equivalent. $1400 is what I spent on the rifle I was going to put it on. Be nice to spend less than that. Right now I have a Vortex 1-6 illuminated on it.

Hmm, wonder if I can find the equivalent. $1400 is what I spent on the rifle I was going to put it on. Be nice to spend less than that. Right now I have a Vortex 1-6 illuminated on it.

What power range you looking for? What are you going to mount it on, for what application? I can recommend a lot of good scopes for $1400 and less.

Back
Top Bottom