• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sig srd9 or 45 owners

Apollo

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Any you guys experience booster issues with your cans? I can hardly get 50 rounds out before the booster won't reset back, its like the spring isn't stiff enough to overpass the o'ring engangment on the Piston. I called sig and they said it needed to be oiled well but after 50 rounds? Come on.. I've never had to lubricate any of my other cans other than a little anti sieze on the threads.??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure if you're actually using oil, but if you are, try using some light grease instead. Something that has a decent hi temp rating.

Also, is the ammo particularly dirty shooting? That could be a contributing factor.

I use anti seize. It's messy but works. All my cans (6) say lube the o-ring plus helps with disassembly. One ( don't remember which ) says to use anti seize .

Not sure if you're actually using oil, but if you are, try using some light grease instead. Something that has a decent hi temp rating.

Also, is the ammo particularly dirty shooting? That could be a contributing factor.
I use a little Lucas heavy duty gun oil just on the O'rings after each cleaning with anti sieze on threads but never had to in-between cleanings, esp the whole booster assembly. I tried different ammo and still the same issue. I'll try some higher temp stuff but I think the blast chamber part of the booster was poorly designed and let's too much gas escape towards the piston body.

Lucas Red N' Tacky is good stuff too, and lasts a while.

Lead buildup could also be a factor. If you've shot 500+ rounds of ammo that has any exposed lead, you could have a buildup of lead in the piston housing that is impeding the movement of your piston. Lead is extremely difficult to remove, as it's gummy and tends to smear rather than flake off/away if you're cleaning with a brush and solvent.

Ammo with fully enclosed projectiles is the way to go (IMO) when it comes to pistol caliber and rimfire silencers.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike

Lucas Red N' Tacky is good stuff too, and lasts a while.

Lead buildup could also be a factor. If you've shot 500+ rounds of ammo that has any exposed lead, you could have a buildup of lead in the piston housing that is impeding the movement of your piston. Lead is extremely difficult to remove, as it's gummy and tends to smear rather than flake off/away if you're cleaning with a brush and solvent.

Ammo with fully enclosed projectiles is the way to go (IMO) when it comes to pistol caliber and rimfire silencers.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
Thanks for the input. I really think a stiffer spring would resolve the issue. My tirant never had any issues with the booster even after 1000's of rounds of mixed dirty ammo.

Any chance you could measure the spring? If you can let me know the O.D., the I.D., the wire diameter, and the free, uncompressed length, I can see if a Ti-Rant 45 spring might fit and function and send you a few.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike

Any chance you could measure the spring? If you can let me know the O.D., the I.D., the wire diameter, and the free, uncompressed length, I can see if a Ti-Rant 45 spring might fit and function and send you a few.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
That's Great!! I'll measure the spring when I get back home. But I already do own a tirant 45, does the 45M come with a different spring size? I did notice the tirant spring feeling almost twice as stiff but never thought to try and attempt to swap them.

We use the same spring in the original Ti-Rant 45 and the M variant. If you want, test fit the spring from your Ti-Rant 45 in the Sig can. If it fits, feel free to function test it and see if you get more reliable cycling. If it works, reach out to me and I'll have a few of the Ti-Rant 45 springs sent to you.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike

We use the same spring in the original Ti-Rant 45 and the M variant. If you want, test fit the spring from your Ti-Rant 45 in the Sig can. If it fits, feel free to function test it and see if you get more reliable cycling. If it works, reach out to me and I'll have a few of the Ti-Rant 45 springs sent to you.

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
The ti-rant 45 spring diameter is slightly larger than the SRD9 spring. Here are the measurements
Uncompressed length- 2.025"
Diameter- 0.925"
Inner diameter- 0.765"
Wire diameter- 0.080"
Are these measurements close to any of your 9mm suppressors? Thankyou for all the additional advice and support.

Back
Top Bottom