• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sight pusher?

I've got two different sight tools. Ones for Glocks and it works great. Makes changing Glock sights a breeze. The other is a universal type tool (sight-tool gen 4 don't remember where I bought it but I think it was around$100) that works very well also but takes a little time and patience to set up so 90% of the time I just use a hammer and brass punch with a piece of leather or old credit card in between the punch and sight. That almost always does the trick. I've done a few Shields and M&P's that way with no problems.
IMG_20170722_141618109.jpg

I just changed out the sights on my shield last weekend with aluminum punch and hammer. Came out perfectly. New ones went in really nice too. Not a mark on them
I should have let you do my Shield. Clyde Armory broke my slide trying to remove my rear sight, but was nice about it and replaced my slide.

Anyone have a sight pusher that will work on an M&P Shield?

OP, did you change out your sights yet? I used one tonight like @Jeddak posted on my Shield. Had to rig some spacers, but it worked well. Heated the rear sight screw, and froze the front sight post (canned air upside down). Front sight was the tougher of the two.

OP, did you change out your sights yet? I used one tonight like @Jeddak posted on my Shield. Had to rig some spacers, but it worked well. Heated the rear sight screw, and froze the front sight post (canned air upside down). Front sight was the tougher of the two.
Thanks! I haven't installed as of yet. Hopefully soon, Work has been a bear...

Back
Top Bottom