Sights You Can See

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
My eyes are not near as good as they once were. Consequently, I have a hard time seeing the sights on my pistols. I am looking at replacing the sights on a few of my polymer wonders with sights I can actually kind of see. I have traditional 3-dot night sights on a few. They work well at night. But if it isn't dark, forget it.

So, I am looking for combat style sights that I can see in all kinds of lighting conditions. Do you have any recommendations?

Yes... glasses my friend.

Your input is, as always, highly regarded. Do they make those in 3-dot combat versions?

I do wear glasses if I am target shooting. But, I normally do not walk around wearing reading glasses. Maybe I should practice my command communications. STOP!! SHOW ME YOUR HANDS!!! LET ME FIND MY READING GLASSES AND PUT THEM ON!!!

I've been known to paint my front sight post with my wife's red fingernail polish to try to get them to stand out.

But I know what you mean. Was at an indoor range this week and the stall did not have much light in it and the lane was nice and bright.

When you try to put a black front sight post over a black bulls eye the sight post all but disappears.

I hate getting old...

There is at least one company that makes fiber optic sights with a tritium ring around them. The fiber optic works in daytime and the tritium works at night.

On the XS Big Dots, see if you can find someone that has them on a pistol
And will let you shoot them before you buy. You'll either love 'em or you'll hate 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom