• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sigma Pistols on Sale at Academy Sports for $279 - Worth It?

ol96er

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
Need a high capacity pistol for the truck and home......I have been watching for these to go on sale and now they are $279 at Academy Sports. I have read that the triggers are crap but for this price brand new....looks like a good deal for a new pistol. I welcome your opinions........thanks.

I'd say that's a good deal. I paid $330 for mine new, and sold it two hours later. Most of the time Sigma's are in the 280-350 range. I think they may be phasing them out for the SD40/9 to take it's place. The SD is nice, I loved mine...just not the rattly magazines.

The Sigma is a very good gun for the price. Yes, the trigger isn't the best, but it's far from the worst trigger i've ever pulled.
With Glock-like reliability for $279 you can't go wrong.

I had a Sigma, trigger was awful, i put maybe 800 rounds thru it before i sold it...did a trigger polish job and replaced one of the springs and got the pull down to about 6lbs which is great for that pistol...it did have excellent reliability, for well under $300 its a worthy purchase i guess...wouldnt plan on winning any competitions with it tho!

i had one of the new gen sigmas when they first re-did them....wouldnt feed crap...shot everything low 2 feet....had to send it in for a faulty extractor have new sights mounted on it because they were misaligned from the factory....Not sure how that even gets out the door at QC. Anyways very comfy in hand and good ergonomics, but the trigger is crap... I think they've since worked some of the bugs out of these new gen sigmas...but I'll never buy another one...

I'd go see if Adventure outdoors has anymore of those sig pro 2022 with the free laser @ $359 left...get one, sell the laser for $80-$100 on ebay or here or wherever and you've got a much better gun for around the same price of that $%#$%#$%#$%#ma

I had one briefly, sold it after shooting maybe 200 rounds through it. It is a cheap gun and you can tell where S&W cut corners in the design.

Back
Top Bottom