• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer Shop no longer a dealer for Liberty?

SteelRinger

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
So, I saw on another forum that Silencer Shop is no longer a dealer for Liberty and cannot order from them anymore. Does anyone know why?

So apparently I guess there might be an issue with profit margins. Silencer shop wants the cans cheap than Liberty can afford to give them.

Jake, I figured that. ;)

If I was still in GA, you would be getting my business, but here in TX Silencer Shop rules the roost.

They is the reason eForms 4 was taken down. Ruined it. TOo bad the government hired some high school newb to make a website.

I don't know why people would want to buy from Silencer Shop anyway! Buy from local shops to help support them. It is a no brainer!

Silencer Shop is local to me now. Check my zip. ;)

And for folks not in TX or GA there are not a lot of local SOTs from what I hear. The numbers are growing however and that is encouraging.

Last edited:
there's a big thread on silencertalk forum about the deal but good for Liberty. My understanding is that Liberty is attempting to have dealers follow a MAP policy. Minimum advertised pricing. You can sell a product for whatever you want, but you can only advertise it for a specific price or higher. it allows all dealers to make a fair margin on the products. I've worked in quite a few industries that have products with MAP pricing. It allows the local dealers to compete with the bigger locations if they choose to, but keeps everyone on the same playing field. IMHO it's good for everyone. It doesn't mean you can't buy something for less than MAP, you just have to actually talk to a person about the pricing to get a better deal. In a lot of cases, if everyone is close to the same price on a product you will go to somewhere that has the best service, support, etc. Not to say that SS doesn't have CS or support, but for whatever reason it looks like they just don't want to deal with Liberty. Their choice. Luckily Liberty has enough "clout" now that they can run programs like this and still have a lot of folks want to purchase their products.

but that's all just a guess based on what I have read online and having dealt with MAP in other industries... I could be way of base, could be someone pissed in someone elses cheerios for all I know. :)

there's a big thread on silencertalk forum about the deal but good for Liberty. My understanding is that Liberty is attempting to have dealers follow a MAP policy. Minimum advertised pricing. You can sell a product for whatever you want, but you can only advertise it for a specific price or higher. it allows all dealers to make a fair margin on the products. I've worked in quite a few industries that have products with MAP pricing. It allows the local dealers to compete with the bigger locations if they choose to, but keeps everyone on the same playing field. IMHO it's good for everyone. It doesn't mean you can't buy something for less than MAP, you just have to actually talk to a person about the pricing to get a better deal. In a lot of cases, if everyone is close to the same price on a product you will go to somewhere that has the best service, support, etc. Not to say that SS doesn't have CS or support, but for whatever reason it looks like they just don't want to deal with Liberty. Their choice. Luckily Liberty has enough "clout" now that they can run programs like this and still have a lot of folks want to purchase their products.

but that's all just a guess based on what I have read online and having dealt with MAP in other industries... I could be way of base, could be someone pissed in someone elses cheerios for all I know. :)

Its my understanding that Silencershop already deals with manufacturers that have a MAP policy. Thats why to see some prices you have to log in. It used to be that you had to put in your email address and they would email you the price but having people set up an account works around that.

Back
Top Bottom