• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencershop and My trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because that trick seems to work for now doesn't mean ATF is going to turn a blind eye to that kind of barely legal fraud for long.

Just like do it yourself silencer kits advertised as solvent traps ..

Just like how they eventually closed the loophole on "bump fire stocks" as a workaround to avoid the high cost of full autos or the unavailability of post- 1986 transferable machine guns.

Just like they're about to take action on "ghost guns" that you build yourself from a mostly finished complete parts kit...

...just like shoulder stocks for pistols falsely labeled as arm stabilization braces.

Just like Straw purchases-- having a friend or relative buy your gun for you and let them do the paperwork. (The feds let this slide for many years before cracking down on it and making prosecution of such acts a higher priority.)

You think ATF is going to keep letting you
submit what is essentially false version of your trust --one that only has a single trustee, you, when for years before you submitted your NFA application and for years after approval your trust really has multiple trustees?
So Mr. Lawyer, you can't make amendments to trusts?? What law is being violated by making amendments? Is there a limit on amendments I can make?
Not to mention, how many times did you point out what the gov't will "let" or "allow" me to do. Of course they keep tightening regulations, it's what they do. Keep making more hoops to jump thru. Muddling the water about what I'm "allowed" to do or possess. They keep saying jump and some people just keep asking how high, hoping the masters will keep letting you sleep in the big house.

That is pure bullshyte. Prosecutions for "straw purchases" are as rare as prosecutions for "felon attempting to purchase a firearm" after a denial from N.I.C.S. They just don't happen in real life. The feds aren't "cracking down" on anything ...

You can make up your own facts in your fantasy world, but in the real world, the facts are THOUSANDS of people have been prosecuted for straw purchases (charged as making false statements).

So Mr. Lawyer, you can't make amendments to trusts?? What law is being violated by making amendments? Is there a limit on amendments I can make?
Not to mention, how many times did you point out what the gov't will "let" or "allow" me to do. Of course they keep tightening regulations, it's what they do. Keep making more hoops to jump thru. Muddling the water about what I'm "allowed" to do or possess. They keep saying jump and some people just keep asking how high, hoping the masters will keep letting you sleep in the big house.

What will they charge you with?

I'll let you figure it out yourself.
It's gonna be an expensive lesson for you.

Hint: It will be something about fraudulent transactions, false statements to a government agency, and structuring a transaction to avoid reporting requirements.

P.S. You know there's a federal crime that talks about withdrawing or depositing $10,000 in cash or more, right?

And this federal law does not say anything about transactions under the $10,000 threshold.
Yet if you make a series of transactions where you take out more than $10,000 total in a short time with a series of smaller transactions that, under the circumstances shows your intent to avoid the federal currency transaction reporting limit....

THEN you CAN be prosecuted for fraud even though none of your transactions met threshold level written into the statutory law!

You can make up your own facts in your fantasy world, but in the real world, the facts are THOUSANDS of people have been prosecuted for straw purchases (charged as making false statements).

Your data is old. 12,000 straw sales prosecutions in 2017 is a lot to you? In a nation where there are more than 5 million people with felony convictions in their past? If ALL straw purchase convictions were based on a felon attempting to buy a gun through another, non prohibited person that would be less than 2/10ths of 1% of convicted felons attmepting to buy, getting caught, tried and convicted. . Basically only 2/10ths of 1% of felons need worry about getting caught. Pretty good odds if you ask me.

...how many times did you point out what the gov't will "let" or "allow" me to do. Of course they keep tightening regulations, it's what they do. Keep making more hoops to jump thru. Muddling the water about what I'm "allowed" to do or possess. They keep saying jump and some people just keep asking how high, hoping the masters will keep letting you sleep in the big house.

Actually, it's people who think like you do that provoke the gov't to pass New laws or an act new administrative rules and regulations. YOU are poking the bear by either blatantly breaking the law or scheming-up a "workaround."

When you try to avoid the law you are inviting the government to make more laws to better enforce the first set of laws that they had earlier!
BEC6E9ED-BFB0-4D5C-B6FB-31E655A20D27.jpeg

What will they charge you with?

I'll let you figure it out yourself.
It's gonna be an expensive lesson for you.

Hint: It will be something about fraudulent transactions, false statements to a government agency, and structuring a transaction to avoid reporting requirements.

P.S. You know there's a federal crime that talks about withdrawing or depositing $10,000 in cash or more, right?

And this federal law does not say anything about transactions under the $10,000 threshold.
Yet if you make a series of transactions where you take out more than $10,000 total in a short time with a series of smaller transactions that, under the circumstances shows your intent to avoid the federal currency transaction reporting limit....

THEN you CAN be prosecuted for fraud even though none of your transactions met threshold level written into the statutory law!
Okay Elmer. You are refering to failure to file a Form 8300. Withdrawing or depositing amounts of $10k or greater is not a damned Fed crime. God Jesus. You're a ****ing lawyer?

The crime is complete by just taking out the money end of story. If you do nothing else but take out that much money, then you've committed the crime! You are obligated to report it as you take it out.

So yes, The gist of the crime is taking out too much money without reporting it but the people who get in trouble don't want to report it and that's why they do a couple of smaller transactions instead.

Intent to defraud, intentional structuring of transactions to avoid federal reporting & recordkeeping laws.

Gotta agree with GAGun on this. When you remove a trustee and then put them back after filing it's a pretty clear indication that you are attempting to skirt the current regulations on 'responsible parties'.

It's not 'legal' in any way, it's simply not something the ATF is enforcing. You wait until someone gets shot with a silenced gun and the MSM starts digging into these kinds of things. You can bet you will see prosecutions galore.

Besides, the main point of a gun trust is kind of moot these days. I don't give my can to my sister to shoot, is she comes here from NM I'm present anyway. If I croak she's my executor so that's OK as well. Almost no reason for a trust these days, which is why I've bought my last few cans as an individual.

I think you all are overlooking a key word here. BENEFICIARIES

Not co-trustees or other responsible parties.

Beneficiaries should not require prints or photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom